No one is buying

Tourist
6 0 1
We are a new woman’s clothing business catering to teens. We have had a decent response to our ads this weekend and last weekend. The target audience is females between 13 and 24. Lots of visitors to our shop but almost no one is buying. Any advice? Maybe our ads are attracting the wrong audience. People don’t stay long at our site. Our site is:
https://nicolemariefashions.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
22 1 1

hi @NM12345 

Few details I noticed:

1- first thing i saw on the website is Free shipping at the side. and limited time offer on the other. and both are without a hyperlink to take you somewhere. Maybe you could put something that leads to free shipping to encourage them to take certain actions. as in for the limited time offer. it just says that. with no clarification on what the limited offer is about. that might raise suspicion or give a little desperation vibe: that you're throwing every tactic to get them to buy. Try putting free shipping as an  announcement or alone in that section. take out limited time offer. or leave it there with a hyperlink to a certain collection, (on sale collection) for example.

2- Try to put a picture with your blog posts. it will keep the flow of your website as they scroll through. and add more blog posts. 

3- delete (powered by Shopify) in the footer section to make your site look more professional.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Thank you for the advice.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
177 21 40

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store and you've done some great work so far. It's great to hear that you are already getting traffic too. However, not all traffic is equal, as I will go into later. I have some suggestions on the site itself first I'd like to dive into: 

- You need a Favicon for your site. This should be a miniature version of your logo, something easily distinguishable at small pixel sizes. 

- Having only one blog post makes the store feel new. You need to create a large backlog of content to make the store feel a little more seasoned. 

- Add social proof to the store, if you have a Facebook business page or an Instagram page. You should link those in your footer, adding another level of legitimacy to your business. 

- Add peer reviews to your site, some notes from happy customers will put your customers at ease that this is a legitimate business delivering great quality products. 

- Your first blog post reads like an About Us. I would create a separate page as an About Us, detailing who you are and why you sell what you sell. Get deep into the mission statement of your brand, and what sets you apart from all the other boutiques out there. 

- Your footer should also have a policy section, detailing your privacy policy, refund/return policy, and your shipping policy. You can read more about them here. 

- You don't seem to be shipping anywhere except the United States. Is this intentional? Have you decided that this is a business that will only service the United States? If not, you should look to add your international shipping options to your store

Jumping back to the traffic query, what sort of marketing have you been doing to encourage this particular type of traffic? Needless to say, if it's not generating sales, then you should shake up your approach. This is a tough niche to be in, as engaging that young audience, who don't have financial independence is challenging. They have the extra step of asking for their parent's permission, their card details, etc, prior to payment. That is definitely an extra obstacle in your way and something you should take time to consider. Perhaps making the target audience a little older, hitting the financially independent customers would lead to a higher conversion rate? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes