No one is buying

Highlighted
1 0 0
I have opened my store for more than a year and only get a buyer once in two months. For succesfull stores out there, do you do AD in Google? Do we have to do ads? I don't put ads since it's costly. Thanks for the inputs.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
475 27 67

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team. I'm so sorry to hear that you're not making any sales. I completely understand how much of a let down that can be.

I understand your skepticism towards paying for ads when you're not making money. The first thing that I will say is that with businesses you will need to put some money in to make money. However, even though I say that you're not necessarily going to need to start making ads right away. When you start a business one of the first things that you’ll need to establish is the social media accounts in association with it. Social Media is a big topic and can be a bit overwhelming, however, the benefit for the business, in the long run, is insurmountable. There are some key points to take into consideration while you’re getting started. It will be more work in the beginning as you work to establish your buyer/listener persona, but once the groundwork is done it will get easier over time. 

Stage 1: Preparation and Visualization

The first thing you’re going to want to do is to figure out all of the goals for your Social Media. The initial steps will look like this:

• Decide what you’re goal is (Do you want to increase followers? Do you want to make sales? Drive traffic to your store?)
  • Decide who you’re going to speak to (Building a buyer/lister persona is perfect for this!)
  • Decide what you’re going to post (What medium do you want to use?)
  • Decide where you’re going to post (Instagram? Twitter? Facebook? Youtube? All of the Above?)
  • Finally just plan, plan, plan!

If you were to go through these questions would you be able to answer them easily and clearly?

If not then you're going to want to create a buyer persona. That's the very first step. I mean it's hard to expect to sell to people when you don't even know who you want to sell to. So can you go through this link and answer out these questions for me?

• Location - Where do people from this persona live?
  • Excluding Location - Where do people from this persona not live?
  • Age - What is the age range of this persona?
  • Gender - What is the gender of people in this persona?
  • Interests - What are the interests of people in this persona?
  • Education Level - What is the education level of this persona?
  • Job Title - What field of work do your customer work in and what types of job titles do they carry?
  • Income Level - What is the income range of this buyer persona?
  • Relationship Status - What is the relationship status of this buyer persona?
  • Language - What languages do people in this persona speak?
  • Favorite Websites - Why type of websites do people in this persona frequent? 
  • Buying Motivation - What is this personas reasons for buying your product? 
  • Buying Concerns - What is this personas concerns when buying your product?

From there we can proceed on to any of the future steps. After you answer those questions could you add the store URL so that I can also take a look at your website?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes