No sales?

Pretty23
3 0 0

My store has been up for about 2 months and I still have no sales. I have boosted multiple instagram and Facebook post but still nothing. I would love feedback on my store and what you believe is going wrong. It shows I have at least 14 visitors a day but no one purchases. Also it says that people remain on the site on average less than one minute. Please help.

https://share-boutique.com/ 

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1788 194 538

Hey there, @Pretty23 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Great looking page. It is clear that you have a very niche market. Have you been promoting your store to your targeted audience? i.e. Christians. It is great to hear that you are getting traffic to your store. As they are not checking out this poses the question - have you defined your target audience, and if so, who are they? I would highly recommend checking out our video on finding your target market and defining it here.  I would recommend reading the following posts on target marketing to make sure you are targeting the right people to come to your store:

Your product descriptions are all very similar without any copy about the individual tees. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format, you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this shirt? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)

- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.

- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)

- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Product Reviews app. This app can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

I did not see any social media links on your store. Having a social media presence is incredibly important in eCommerce. You can check out our guide on building your presence here. Social media is a key aspect of digital marketing, helping businesses reach millions of customers across the world. Last year in the UK alone, 89% of people accessed the internet every week; 77% of these used it to research goods/services before making a purchase, and 60% to access social media. It’s estimated that, worldwide, over 3 billion people use social media every day. This means, if you want to grow your business, you need to start taking advantage of using social media for your Shopify store. You can take a look at our guide on social media marketing here.

Best of Luck,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1788 194 538

Hey there, @Pretty23 

Great looking page. It is clear that you have a very niche market. Have you been promoting your store to your targeted audience? i.e. Christians. It is great to hear that you are getting traffic to your store. As they are not checking out this poses the question - have you defined your target audience, and if so, who are they? I would highly recommend checking out our video on finding your target market and defining it here.  I would recommend reading the following posts on target marketing to make sure you are targeting the right people to come to your store:

Your product descriptions are all very similar without any copy about the individual tees. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format, you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this shirt? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)

- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.

- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)

- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Product Reviews app. This app can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

I did not see any social media links on your store. Having a social media presence is incredibly important in eCommerce. You can check out our guide on building your presence here. Social media is a key aspect of digital marketing, helping businesses reach millions of customers across the world. Last year in the UK alone, 89% of people accessed the internet every week; 77% of these used it to research goods/services before making a purchase, and 60% to access social media. It’s estimated that, worldwide, over 3 billion people use social media every day. This means, if you want to grow your business, you need to start taking advantage of using social media for your Shopify store. You can take a look at our guide on social media marketing here.

Best of Luck,

Bo

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1788 194 538

Hey there, @Pretty23 

Best of Luck,

Bo

0 Likes
Edward-Newgate
Navigator
446 18 38

Hi @Pretty23 

Have you tried to hire a small KOL in the niche to advertise your product? I've found many people who sell clothes succeed with this strategy. Also, I've visited your website, I think you should add an attractive product description and a product review that would help you get more sales. 

By the way, this article: 7+ Strategies & Tips to Get More Sales on Shopify would be useful for you.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Pretty23
3 0 0
I will absolutely try these things thank-you so much.
0 Likes
Pretty23
3 0 0
Lots of great advice. I do have social media. I believe it would be best for me to revisit my target market. Thank you so much for all the great advice.
0 Likes