Solved

Why are Shopify customer orders missing shipping addresses?

ButtaNutt
Visitor
1 0 0

Our customer orders are without shipping addresses. This is not a customer fault, but somehow an error or glitch that is happening on Shopify end.

Accepted Solution (1)

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ButtaNutt 

In this case, you should contact Shopify support directly for help. This would solve your issue more quickly.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ButtaNutt 

In this case, you should contact Shopify support directly for help. This would solve your issue more quickly.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @ButtaNutt 

Thank you for joining the Shopify Community Forums and for bringing your concern here for additional support! I understand that your customers are checking out without providing an address, that is understandably concerning! If you haven't yet had a chance to contact our live support for additional help, one thing I can definitely suggest you look at is if the products on your store are marked as "Requires Shipping". 

The requires shipping option is in the product details and can be easily reviewed using the Bulk Editor. In your store admin, go to your Products page, select all product and then click the edit products button that appears at the top of the list. This should open the Bulk Editor, where you can add the column "Requires Shipping". Like in my screenshot below:

22-08-21593-53714

All your physical items that need to be shipped out should have this option checked off, whereas digital items like downloads and gift-cards should not. If an item does not require shipping, it will not require an address to complete the order at the checkout. 

I hope this solves this for you! Please let us know.

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog