No shipping method available

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Shopify users,

I am currently testing my webshop. Everything works really well! 

There is only one issue. When I have the step "go to shipping" I get the following notification: 

There are no shipping methods available. 

I already tried shipping zones and different rates within the shipping zones. 

I hope someone can help me out!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1829 211 383

Make sure all your products have their Weight field populated with a valid > 0.0 value in Shopify Admin. Shipping Methods are evaluated against product weight and/or price.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

Hello, @nickjewelery !

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! Can you tell me if you're still seeing this issue? If you are, let me know what your shop URL is as well as the product you're trying to test-purchase. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

I am still seeing this error. 

This is the link: https://jewelrybyej.com/29742497836/checkouts/4c23326fc2c66dd445ab7f1dd3a5582e?locale=en

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

Hi Nick,

With ShipperHQ, you’re not limited to customizing your shipping rates and methods based on only a couple factors. Here’s a list of factors that you can customize your shipping by:

• Zones defined by Country, Region/State, City of Zip/Postal Code
  • Price, Weight or Quantity Filters
  • Per Quantity or Weight Unit Charges
  • Minimum and Maximum charges
  • Shipping Groups and Customer Groups
  • Shipping origin-based rules 
  • Box-based rules
  • Surcharge or Discount Live Rates
  • Hide or Show Shipping Options

This is handled by our Carrier Rules functionality, which you can read more about here. The nice thing about shipping rules is you can be as granular as you want, which means you have a major impact on how much you charge and the type of delivery options you provide. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

Hello, again!

There are a few different aspects you want to check on when testing out your shipping rates or running a test order. If you are using weight-based rates, you will want to follow our guide here to make sure that all of your products and their variants have weights applied. When you're feeling unsure about product weights and you don't have the ability to scale them - then you can use our general Packages and shipment weights guide to help you decide.

If you have specific Shipping Zones set up in your Shopify Admin, then you will want to make sure that the country you're shipping to has a Shipping Zone set up in your Shopify Admin> Settings> Shipping section. You can check out how to adjust your shipping zones, here.

When you run a test order and you select a product without a weight or you add an address that doesn't have a shipping zone - then you would see an error message when you go through the checkout. 

When you run your test order - what products are you adding to cart and what country are you pointing your shipping address to? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, 

My shopify store has been up and running for a few weeks now without issue but today a returning customer got the message 'shipping not available for the selected address'.

My shipping profile hasn't changed nor have the prices i've preset, so i'm not sure what the issue is?

I've just manually placed the order for the customer to get it over the line but worried it may happen again?

Thanks,

Clare

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

Hello, @insideno9!

Karlie here! I see. Okay, so what you'll want to do is run a test order using the same products and address as the customer so you can try to pinpoint the issue. You can use this guide to help you run a test order. Once your test order is done, let me know if you receive an error message saying 'shipping not available for the selected address.' If you receive this message, then we know that something isn't processing correctly in your Shopify Admin settings. 

Usually when this error message occurs, it means that there isn't a shipping address set up for the customer's location. It could also mean that the products that the customer chose don't have weights added to them, so that when shipping is trying to calculate - there is no shipping rate available. 

Let me know what your findings are! 

0 Likes