No site information on google.

BonzerBarware
Tourist
3 0 1
I googled bonzerbarware.com and the site came up without any information. I found out it's to do with the robots txt blocking the site from being read. My question is how do I ensure google can read my site? I've not purposefully blocked anything. (I do have a geolocation redirect to block users entering the site in the UK which is where I am based, could this be the problem?)

Annotation 2019-10-28 152929.jpg
Google Info....
The page is blocked by robots.txt

If you have a robots.txt rule that blocks Google from reading the page, it prevents Google from reading the page (which is how we generate a description), but it doesn't prevent Google from showing the page in Search results. Therefore if the page appears in Search results, it will appear without any description.

To fix this problem, take one of the following actions:

Let Google read your page

If you want a proper page description in Google Search, you must allow Google to read the page by removing the robots.txt blocking rule. Learn more about robots.txt here.

• If you are using a website hosting service (for example, if your site is on Wix, Joomla, or Drupal), we can't provide exact guidance here because every site hosting provider has different ways to unblock a page. Please search your provider's documentation to learn how to unblock your page or site to Google. Suggested terms to search for: "robots.txt provider_name" or "unblock page to Google provider_name". Example search: robots.txt Wix
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3582 291 695

Hi @BonzerBarware,

Nick here from Shopify. 

The geolocation could be the problem if you are also based in the UK and you have blocked users from the UK. It could worth unblocking it briefly to test if it does work or have someone you know in a different country test it for you and see if it works for them also. Could you try that and let me know if it works and we would know for sure then? 

Something else I found when looking into this for you is the guide Shopify has on how to edit your robots.txt to help assist with finding and submitting your site map with Google

Hopefully, this helps and answers your question. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
BonzerBarware
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply. 

I have used a VPN to check how it looks in Germany where users are allowed and it has the same problem. 

0 Likes
BonzerBarware
Tourist
3 0 1

Robots text look ok I think.

Annotation 2019-10-28 160835.jpg

0 Likes
Smeelah
Trailblazer
264 1 64

When I search your url on technicalseo.com (mobile friendly test using google api) I get an error. I had a similar issue. Mine was with a currency switcher that resolved once the app was removed. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 1.05.38 PM.png

0 Likes
mohamudul
Tourist
8 0 0

I googled Fashionloft.org.uk and the site came up without any information. I found out it's to do with the robots txt blocking the site from being read. My question is how do I ensure google can read my site? I've not purposefully blocked anything. (I do have a geolocation redirect to block users entering the site in the UK which is where I am based, could this be the problem?)No page information in search results

If a Google search result says that no information is available for a page, like this:

unnamed.png

It means that the website prevented Google from creating a page description, but didn't actually hide the page from Google.

If you own this site you can improve this result either by letting Google read the page to create a good description, or by hiding the page entirely from Google Search results. Read below to learn how.

how to i fix it?

please help

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3582 291 695

Hi @mohamudul,

It could be worth submitting your sitemap again after the geolocation redirect app was installed to make sure everything is up to date. If you submit your sitemap again and are still seeing issues, it might be worth contacting the developer of the app to see if installing it could have effects on this. You can see the help guide about finding and submitting your sitemap which Shopify has here

0 Likes
mohamudul
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi nick,

i tried to but its not working please help me my page still same

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3582 291 695

Hi @mohamudul,

From what you mentioned it seems like it's the Robots.txt blocking your site from being read on Google which would be something you need to fix via Google and not on the Shopify side of things. I found a help guide in the Google help centre which might be of value to you. You can read it here

0 Likes