Why is my dropshipping store not getting traffic?

Mateusz_Dankows
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Guys,

I hope I am writing this topic in the right section. About 2 months ago I've opened my dropshipping business with shopify, I've been slowly adding more products to the store and at this moment I am not sure if I'm doing anything right, as I get pretty much next to no traffic at all to my website. I understand that SEO, clear descriptions, correct meta data and adverts play a great role in getting traffic to my website, but without advertising I am averaging 1 or 2 visits every few days.

On the other hand, if I run ads either on Instagram or Facebook, I get a huge response on the posts but just a few clicks/visits on my page.

I'll be editing the store further this weekend to make it easier to access, but because of next to no traffic, I just don't know what I could improve on... because I get no feedback from the visits.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance

Mat

Replies 12 (12)

Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1236 61 364

Hi Mateusz! Maggie, Shopify Partner here 🙂

Great looking store - and adorable products. The beginnings are always slow - also bear in mind that it takes up to three months for Google to start crawling new websites. You are in a very competitive niche, and you are probably on the very back pages of Google, when someone searches for the “pet clothes” or similar keywords. People rarely go beyond 1st page of Google, which is scary thought, but that’s true. So unless you are on the 1st page for your target keyword, you might get only a bunch of visits.

The good news is that you are not relying on ads - well done. As you see, they are costly, and not always send converting traffic.

When it comes to SEO, it’s a good practice to optimize your website content, as you do, as well as work on off-page SEO, such as backlinks, social media marketing, sharing your products and blog posts with your audience.

Don’t rely on Google in sending you traffic though - make sure to actively share your website in order to bring the organic and relevant traffic yourself.

You have defined niche, which is perfect. It will be easier to find the most relevant target audience. As you are in the UK, you can target pet lovers here. Join the Facebook discussion groups for the UK pet lovers and join in the conversations. Make sure to contribute to the posts, and share your website content when appropriate.

What I like to do, is to join the group and follow the discussions - if I see a topic that repeats often [such as in your case it could be: how to make your dog more visible when taking it to the park in the evening] - you could create a blog post about the reflective dog collars or dog jackets, publish it on your website, and then share the content in the discussion, inviting people to read the post on your website.

That’s a great way to drive highly converting traffic to your site.

At the same time you need to make sure the post converts buyers into shoppers - or you might end up with high traffic, but people will only be reading the blog. Make sure to link from the blog post to your products [such as reflective jacket, if you have one], and also have a button at the end of the post asking people to sign up to receive the latest news on how to keep the dog safe etc.

Then, you just have to send regular updates to stay in touch and keep people informed of the new arrivals etc.

That’s a great start to get more organic and relevant traffic.

There are other ways as well, such as social media posting, guest blogging, influencer marketing and more.

If you don’t have enough time, or you’re not sure how to get started, consider investing in the SEO Monthly packages. These are designed specifically to optimize the website content for the most profitable keywords, and actively bring traffic that converts. SEO Monthly packages start from $50 USD per month and you can order your package today here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/seo/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info  

BohemianBangles
Explorer
243 0 25

I am in the same boat, and I have had my site a long time...lol 

I took a break for a few months, so that killed the work I had done before on it. I am now working to get back at least somewhat of what I loss...I share on Instagram alot, and if I do run an ad, it's on Instagram. I have the best luck there as opposed to FB ads, which never bring me anything. I just use FB now to share posts and a few products, but I don't pay for ads there.

I get sales here and there, but I need to really ramp them up and I am struggling. You aren't alone!

Mateusz_Dankows
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you guys for taking the time to respond to my issue 🙂

All points are taken on board and soon will be updating the store, just need to educate myself on a few more points, specifically backlinks

Thanks again, I'll post an update once I've applied all improvements

Mat.

Amit_Roznak1
Shopify Partner
244 4 29

Hi Mateusz,

You have a very nice looking website and a very defined niche. 

As for the website itself, I think there are 2 points you should take in consideration:

1. You don't have any branding on your website. Having a unique logo and colors that can help people recognize your brand will increase the credibility of your store and will make you look more professional.

2. The website looks very generic, there are a lot of ecommerce stores selling pet products, what makes you unique? I think you should work on telling a story to your customers, find something they can connect to. Otherwise, you're just like any online store that sells pet products.

However, I don't believe that not getting enough sales is related solely to the website. 

It might be that you're not advertising enough or not doing that correctly. I think generating relevant traffic is the number ONE problem of every new Ecommerce store.

You might want to try AdScale to help you with your advertising campaigns. It's a Shopify app that automatically creates and manage advertising campaigns for your store, using advanced AI technology.

What's unique about this app is that it use insights from milions of active campaigns in order to create a very accurate audience targeting that is tailored to your store and products.

You can learn more about it in this link: ecom.adscale.com

Hope it helps!

AdScale is the best way to advertise on Facebook & Google because we use the power of your store data (that they don’t have) to run highly targeted ads and get an average ROAS of 10X.

John_Acosta
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I am also in the same situation I keep working on my site and have worked on the SEO but I get no traffic. I do use social media and likes on FB and IG but no traffic to my site. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

My store link www.jwtiesandmore.com 

fizfyindia
20 0 0

I can suggest you this simple tool to boost your sales.

"FIZFY SOCIAL PROOF"

Now a day’s Social Poof Marketing is trending and Social Proof Tools are widely used it can be you seen social proof anywhere on internet. Social Proof play important role in sales & conversion.

sreetirumannama
Tourist
9 0 3

I am also in the same situation I keep working on my site and have worked on the SEO but I get no traffic. I do use social media and likes on FB and IG but no traffic to my site. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

My store link https://lukkydeals.com

kcarpco9
Visitor
1 0 0

S, I like your site. I'm in the same boat. I've taken SEO courses, incorporated what I learned into my site. FB ads...nothing. I created a FB and IG account...nothing. I can't even get a FB or IG shop due to "lack of presences". I created a Pinterest account hoping I could access Pinterest audience...still nothing. It has been about 4 months and the only orders I have received are from people I know. I have read many articles regarding Shopify Themes not being SEO optimized. Could that really be true. Anyone out there with suggestions or reasons we do not get any traffic?

Thank you...

www.proudaboutit.com

estherceus
Visitor
1 0 0

I have also the same problem I keep working on my site but no traffic at all. Someone help me?

Trendzone101
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi I'm new to this also have had my store for over a month now post on Facebook and Instagram don't really have z budget for ads and I guess because of this I get no traffic at all my site is trendzone.co.nz I feel maybe I need to maybe invest more but I'm on a tight budget so do everything manually when it comes to posts and making my own adds. I've been told that TikTok is the main place to advertise but it costs alot apparently..Please I need help maybe I should revamp my store and make it a single niche store rather than a wide variety store.

Please I'm open to suggestions. 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @Trendzone101.

Thank you for joining this thread. 

It can be more challenging to gain traffic and increase conversions when you're just starting out. However, it's important to note that it does take a budget to run advertisement campaigns as like starting any other business. In order to reduce the costs, we'd recommend developing a marketing plan and doing the marketing effectively. If you'd like to learn more, then we'd recommend taking a look at our blog - 'How To Make Your First Ecommerce Sale.'

If you have any other questions on this topic, then don't hesitate to let us know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TDW
Visitor
2 0 0

I've made my store about 2 months ago, I haven't been getting much traffic but I am working on posting ads to instagram and also posting on various platforms such as insta, pintereet and tumbler, I'm also working on making content to post on tiktok.

Because I haven't been getting much traffic, I don't really have any feedback. I was hoping you guys could maybe check out my site and give any feedback or suggestions on the site itself as well as any advice regarding SEO and marketing

https://vays.store/