My name is Jeffrey, About a month ago i started a dropshipping website. I did a little advertising with facebook and google ads. I have no experience advertising, so I am just kind of winging it right now. The little advertising I am doing now gets me a few views per day but no sale. I have spent a lot of time trying to make my website look professional. Also, I wouldn't mind some feedback on my page layout. Thanks!
I think your site need to show me why I can't just order the things you are selling from Amazon for cheaper and more reliable shipping.
If you find that question hard to answer with compelling reasons, then you will need to dedicate some time into seriously thinking about your brand and value proposition.
You may have dedicated a lot of time into selecting and testing the products, but the site simply does not convey any sense of trust. My first impression was "this guy's trying to sell cheap Amazon stuff with a markup" which might be true, but you can't give your potential customer the impression that you are preying on them and just trying to make easy profits.
Since your products vary a lot, there's no clear focus, thus you don't really have a clear brand image/message. So I get how it's going to be hard to NOT let your potential customers think you are just selling cheap Amazon stuff.
That's why you'd need to offer something Amazon/Alibaba sellers cannot. Examples:
1. You reviewed every single one of these products, so your customers know you (by reading and watching your reviews) and they know what to expect when they buy it.
2. You offer deep expertise that other sellers don't. Say, you start a martial arts blog, and sell martial arts starter packs, so that your readers don't have to scour the Internet to buy and research each individual item. I don't know how that could work with dropshipping, but it's an idea.
3. You offer volume discounts... now I'm just throwing random ideas out without knowing what exactly you are trying to, so I'll stop now.
Sam Zhao, Thank you for your fedback. I have really been trying to authenticate the feel of my website by adding an about me section and making myself available via email and various social media. I am not really sure what else would make the feel of my site trustworthy. Any ideas? I am really trying to keep the cost of my products as low as possible without losing money on shipping and monthly operating costs. I'm not too worried about making money as of right now. Ideally, I would like to build my customer base so that I can start buying in bulk versus dropshipping. That would reduce shipping time and cut cost. And I would also be able to insepect each product before sending it out for sale. Unfortunately, It would be too risky right now making mass pre-purchases without knowing the future of my website. I dont think it would be a smart business move this early on. I really like the idea of volume discounts, I am going to look into that.
I agree with our co-member's notes above. I might also suggest limiting your inventory to items which relate to one another, as a uniform concept may put your customers more at ease. As a customer, I enjoy knowing there is a certain niche and expertise to the shop I am about to buy from. I may also suggest capitalizing the "Bags" section, under your navigation settings. Devil's in the details! Keep up the good work. :)
I am a mandate to a Finance and Investment Company who is a premier provider of trade finance and project finance instruments as well as discountable bank instruments. We offer Genuine Bank Guarantees, Standby Letter of Credit, Pre Advice / RWA Messages, Documentary Letters of Credit, Bank Draft, Proof of Funds, Performance Bond, Medium Term Notes, and various SWIFT messaging services on lease and sale. We issue these instruments from prime banks, secondary banks, and financial institutions; and transmit SWIFT MT 760, MT 799, MT199, MT999 and other messages on behalf of our clients.
We offer certifiable and verifiable bank instruments via Swift Transmission from a genuine provider capable of taking up time bound transactions. Kindly contact for genuine inquiries and I can provide you with the needed information.
GENUINE BANK GUARANTEE (BG) AND STANDBY LETTER OF CREDIT (SBLC) FOR LEASE AND SALE AT THE LOWEST RATES AVAILABLE. OTHER FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS SUCH AS MTN, CD, DLC, PB ARE ALSO AVAILABLE.
About increasing the traffic to your website. Social media, email and paid ads are the sources that are directly in your control. You mentioned that you've started ads, but I think you're a little too early for that. Before you start out on Ads, focus on growing your social media following (atleast on one channel) and driving traffic to your website through social media / email.
You're on Instagram and Facebook. I'd suggest, focus all your energy on Instagram. Instagram is a social media superstar as of now. The average engagement rate is highest among all social channels - over 7%. Not just that people who come from Instagram are much less likely to bounce off from your wesbite as compared to other channels.
To increase your following and conversions from Instagram, use OrangeTwig's Insta-Success toolkit. With the Hashtag research tool, you'll be able to grow your following. All the information on how it works is here: Hashtag Research tool
To drive up conversions from Instagram, make your Instagram posts clickable. Here's how you can make your Instagram posts clickable.
This page has all the details about the toolkit: Insta-Success Toolkit
You can get started for FREE with the InstaSuccess toolkit.
Now about converting traffic to buyers:
How to get people to add products to cart
1. You need to add an About Us page. This page is crucial for SEO and building trust. It's like this - would you ever buy something from an unknown brand about who you know nothing? If you're not sure about what to include, this article has the list: Write a brilliant About Us page
2. Product description: Almost all your products are widely available. Ideally, you should write in your product description as to why someone should pick up your product. Give your buyers a reason to buy from you and not someone else. Check out this article for tips on writing a good description:
How to increase checkouts:
1. Shipping: you don't offer free shipping. The shipping charge is almost as much as the product itsef. And that's when the shipping time is really long. If someone wants your product faster, they'll have to spend double of your product price. You can do any of these two: a) incorporate the shipping in the product price and say that the shipping is FREE, b) bear some cost on your own and incorporate a part of it in the product price. BUT in no case should the shipping cost be more than the product price.
I hope this helps!
P.S - you can also ask your questions in the SellerSuccess Facebook group