Not a single sale for 3 months despite traffic

3 0 0

Hi all,

I had a store selling baby and pet products, it had been opened for 3 months already ,and not a single sale despite traffic.

I had re-vamped thw website to make it more attractive and authentic but still no sales ,and also spent a few hundreds on ads but still no luck.

I seriously don't really know where went wrong.

Please kindly review my website at babynpet.store, give me your sincere and truthful views.

Thanks in advance

Glenn

0 Likes
17 0 0

Google ads are great for getting sales if you do them right. What have you tried so far?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1022 0 109

Hi Glenn! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

Your store looks great, and I love your products selection. Make sure to keep an eye on the details, for example the pop up promo box has still default settings, you can change the text there and include your current promotion:

Also, consider focusing on one niche only; by specializing, you will gain more trust from your target customer as an authority in this niche. Young mums will be more likely to buy from you if you were solely a baby retailer than from someone who also sells pet goods. Some moms can have aversions, perhaps they have a pet allergy, they want to protect their baby from any contamination [although I’m sure you are not storing items together, or you are dropshipping, yet this is how the merchandise might be perceived by a young mom.]

Test, and research, which niche is more profitable for you, and then focus only on it.

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
2 0 0

nice information...

http://www.eposdirect.co.uk/uk_en/
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Maggie,

Thanks a lot for your valuable comment. I would seriously consider go into one niche,either dog or baby.

If I will to go to one niche, I would need to re-strategise everything.

Glenn

0 Likes
3 0 0

I have tried Google ads,FB ads.but still no luck.

Glenn

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 3

Sorry to hear it's going slow for you. As mentioned above, the default text on the pop up is a pretty big deal, makes me feel like the site is not quite ready to be live. 

With many sites it's easier to say what's wrong with it than what's right - but this site has a lot going for it. Great photos, nice logo, about page, great design - many positive aspects. 

However, there are still some issues. For me being in the US and a native English speaker there seem to be quite a few oddities with the language. Might be worth going to PeoplePerHour or even Fiverr and hiring someone to proof out the copy and make it more natural to native english speakers.

One note on "pay per click" advertising: targeting the right audience is super important. Google will let you pay for clicks all day long, but it's up to you to define who should be seeing them. They have many targeting settings now along with the keyword match types they've always had. It would be good to get familiar with these and clearly define who you want to see your ads - not just people typing in "baby clothes" or something broad like that.

For example, you could target women in a certain age range say 20-30 years and set ads to run during the day to get stay at home moms, and get very specific with keywords like "cute baby shower gift ideas". None of that was researched, just off the top of my head as a suggestion and to show you that you can really zero in on who sees the ads. 

Hope this points you in the right direction!

Need more sales (or that first sale)? Check out these 7 FREE apps that will help you grow in 2018 https://goo.gl/5QL35w
0 Likes
Excursionist
52 0 6

USually my first comment is the site needs work, but your site is pretty nice. Great pics, clean layout, some thought was definitely put into this.

The pop-up still has the defaul text.

I think at this point you need to get your name out there. try some targeted ads. And live on social media, maybe get some influencers with pets to showcase your stuff.

Elevate The Status Quo
0 Likes
2 0 0

nice..

http://www.eposdirect.co.uk/uk_en/
0 Likes
Highlighted
20 0 0

Try ghibli-business.com and see what they can offer you. Good luck! 

0 Likes