Not able to integrate PayPal with Shopify

kartzot
Visitor
1 0 5

I am trying to integrate my Shopify store with PayPal express checkout but the moment I click on the activate button it redirects me to PayPal log in where it asks me to complete my setup on PayPal. But my PayPal is completely set up. PayPal customer service is not able to solve this issue. Anyone else with the same problem?

Replies 85 (85)

Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1236 61 364

Lol, welcome to PayPal 🙂 Consider contacting Shopify technical support, they should be able to guide you step by step. Make sure to clean the cookies as well, they might be preventing the page to refresh. Check also this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/paypal/set-up-paypal

Sunny
Shopify Staff
138 14 60

Hey, @kartzot

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team and I would be happy to help with your PayPal connection.

For context, when first opening a shop on Shopify, our system automatically takes the email used to create the account and uses that as the PayPal email to accept payments.

27-54-22pjn-m5r2h

As mentioned in the screenshot above, when a shop makes their first sale through PayPal, the merchant will receive an email from PayPal to "complete the setup" to receive their funds with a redirect link to PayPal. From there, you can finish the setup and start accepting PayPal payments without any issues.

If in the case you have yet to receive your first order using PayPal, it may just be a matter of time to complete the setup. Another option is to deactivate and reactivate the email linked to PayPal as this may force the connection before needing to make any sales. To do this, head over to Settings > Payment Provider > PayPal > Edit > Deactivate (by the way, this is also something you should do if the email linked to the account on Shopify is incorrect). Once everything is deactivated and the page is refreshed, you'll noticed that you are no longer connected. Now it's time to reactivate! Select "PayPal Express Checkout" from the dropdown menu under the PayPal section and proceed to activate the account. It will redirect you to PayPal, first asking you to sign up or log in via email and password > if your information is correct, it will ask you to authorize permissions:

27-50-2ae5v-hktpu

If all done correctly, you will be met with a page that looks like this:

27-51-ky1od-iridd

Feel free to log into PayPal just to make sure you don't have any outstanding steps you need to take. From there you are good to go until you make your first PayPal order (if you haven't already).

Based on what you are saying, it sounds like you have already deactivated your PayPal account and are attempting to reactivate, which then the above steps are not working for you which is unusual behaviour. I just tested this out on my test store and didn't see that banner or run into any issues at all. Another suggestion is to clear the cache for the browser you’re using. I also suggest trying this in a different browser than the one currently (i.e. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc), as this can help us narrow down the problem. Once cleared, you should be good to go, but if not, let me know what happens and we’ll keep troubleshooting!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SAI5
Visitor
1 0 0

aws.png

JustinWang
Visitor
2 0 0

When I activate paypal express checkout in my shopify store, I can log in to paypal normally, and I can also go to the paypal authorization page. 企业微信截图_158553183522.png

Then when I click "Agree and Connect", I always get an "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" error, the webpage cannot be opened, and the activation is not successful. I tried deleting the cookie and browsing history, and then I tried again, but still couldn't activate it. Please help me, I promise that the customer will release a new product later today, but the issue of payment has not been resolved. thank you very much.企业微信截图_15855318879249.png

BecV
Visitor
3 0 0

I am getting this same error- too many redirects! Did you manage to figure out how to do it? thanks

JustinWang
Visitor
2 0 0

The reason why paypal express checkout cannot be activated seems to be that it cannot coexist with shopify payment. When I disable shopify payment and then set up paypal pro in third party payment, paypal express checkout works.

Ry2020k
Visitor
1 0 1
I am having this issue. Tried cglearing cache, different browsers all to no avail.
Originally as you said it had connected to paypal automatically however I had mistyped the email address hence deactivated connection.
hx-enterprize
Tourist
3 0 1
I am facing the similar problem with connecting my Shopify to paypal.
I am thinking, that my Shopify entering mail is different from my paypal mail.So, would that affect my paypal integration?
benahalkar
Tourist
7 0 1
try having the same email id and see if it works. I had same email id for
both.

all the best
sidhantjain
Visitor
1 0 0

Do you need to have your paypal email address same as shopify email address? Is there a way so that I can use a different paypal email than my store's?

ShawnSG
Tourist
6 0 5

I'm facing the exact same problem right now.

Sunny
Shopify Staff
138 14 60

Hi, @ShawnSG!

Thanks for joining the thread and letting us know you're dealing with a similar issue. Very sorry to hear about that.

Let's work together to troubleshoot this so you can accept PayPal payments on your Shopify store with no issue! Can you please tell me more about the problem you're experiencing? Did you get a chance to follow my instructions that I shared earlier on this thread to see if that resolves things? Any information you can share regarding your specific PayPal issue will be super helpful.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

ShawnSG
Tourist
6 0 5

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried all the steps exactly as you have mentioned above. Everything works out the same till the "authorize page". Instead of the authorize page I am getting the same page as the beginner of this thread. When I click "complete your setup now" I am only redirected to the paypal home page and there are no further directions displayed for completing the integration.

How can I solve this?

ShawnSG
Tourist
6 0 5

This is the screen I am getting while testing the integration.

Paypal 2.jpg

Sunny
Shopify Staff
138 14 60

Hi, @ShawnSG!

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still running into the same PayPal set up issue? If so, I would be happy to continue assisting. My first troubleshooting suggestion would be to attempt connecting PayPal to Shopify using a desktop. I would like to see if it takes you through the same steps as you shared earlier on your mobile device. Sometimes integrations aren't properly set up for mobile and work better on a desktop computer.

Give that a try and let me know how that goes. If that doesn't work, we'll go onto the next step! Again, thanks so much for your patience and I apologize that you've been dealing with this inconvenient situation for some time. 

Chat soon,

Sunny

ShawnSG
Tourist
6 0 5
Hi,

I've actually sorted it. I read somewhere that the PayPal integration shows
error when tested in India (because the store isn't selling to India).

I had it tested by my friend from Belgium and it worked like a charm.

Thank you for your response though. 🙂

Have a great day.

Regards,

Shawn.
Sunny
Shopify Staff
138 14 60

Hey, Shawn!

I'm so glad to hear that you've got everything working now. Thanks for taking the time to update me on your PayPal situation and I greatly appreciate you sharing that little piece of information about why it wasn't working, as I'm sure others in similar situations who come across this thread will find that helpful.

Wishing you the best of luck with your shop. Have a great day, as well!

Cheers,

Sunny

Sreekanta
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm facing the same issue as well.

ShawnSG
Tourist
6 0 5
Try getting someone from outside India to make a test purchase.
AnkitEcom
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey,

I am not able to integrate my business Paypal with Shopify store it shows the message everytime. Please help ASAP.

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 2.44.03 AM.png

Bexb10InkArt
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I am facing this issue right now. I received my first order through paypal and was prompted to activate express checkout. I did everything I was meant to do and even upgraded my paypal to a business account. The payment was still 'pending' and I was still being prompted to set up my account.

I followed the above process to deactivate express check out and reactivate it. Now its stuck in a loop where I reactivate it and it it states 'We're reviewing your information. We may require some additional information. Check your email or your dashboard for a bell notification to complete your application'

I never recieve an email nor is there any 'bell' icon on my dashboard. Which dashboard by the way, paypal or shopify? 

I have checked that it is the correct email as when  set up my shopify and now I am just stuck in this loop that goes no where. Never has it prompted me to give 'permissions' to link the two together, so I think thats the issue.

PLEASE HELP!

Bex

euri_23
Excursionist
10 0 6

What I did was I had an old Paypal account that was linked to my eBay because I had been selling on eBay for 4 years I ended up changing it to my now business account for my hair business and now I receive payments perfectly, the thing is your account is most likely new and they don’t like that so they put it as pending for the first 6 months I would say. If u got an another business account that u have been active on for selling for years then change that account to your now business account to get payments quicker and easier. That’s what helped me a lot because I too was in the same position as u this time last year I felt like giving up literally I would cry when I couldn’t find the problem but I just ended up change my old PayPal that was linked to my eBay to my now business and then made a new Paypal for my eBay account to still continue collecting payments from there because I do dropshipping on there. But yeah sorry I ran off topic, but do that and see if that helps if not then collect payments manually I also do that too because Paypal transaction fees r high but if u  insist on using PayPal, use it on Braintree the transaction fees are a lot less. 🙂

dipu
Tourist
8 0 6

hi i am from India too and facing the same issue. can you explain what and how you tested which solve your issue and you able to add paypal express checkout?

@ShawnSG wrote:
Hi,

I've actually sorted it. I read somewhere that the PayPal integration shows
error when tested in India (because the store isn't selling to India).

I had it tested by my friend from Belgium and it worked like a charm.

Thank you for your response though. 🙂

Have a great day.

Regards,

Shawn.

dipu
Tourist
8 0 6

I Solved finally after two days 🙂

Steps i followed :

Login to your paypal business :

Settings :  Setting Tools : API Access Click Update :

On Pre-built payment solution click Manage third party access

There is a third party username of shopify just choose remove from dropdown box. logout from paypal

Come back to shopify payment page and now follow the steps to connect paypal express checkout 

this time it will ask you to enter paypal login id password, accept all the paypal permission it asks and click on back to shopify,

let the page fetch paypal data  and done 🙂

bkkirankumar
4 0 0

"@dipu@dipu wrote:

I Solved finally after two days 🙂

Steps i followed :

Login to your paypal business :

Settings :  Setting Tools : API Access Click Update :

On Pre-built payment solution click Manage third party access

There is a third party username of shopify just choose remove from dropdown box. logout from paypal

Come back to shopify payment page and now follow the steps to connect paypal express checkout 

this time it will ask you to enter paypal login id password, accept all the paypal permission it asks and click on back to shopify,

let the page fetch paypal data  and done :)"

THANKS Dipu:), Was facing the same problem from the past couple of days. Long story short your suggestion worked!!

Aries09
Visitor
1 0 0
Thankyou so much man.You are God 💛😌
Janci
Visitor
3 0 0

Why it doesn't work in my case? I need urgent help with the same issue for not able to integrate Paypal in my Shopify store.

Annie25
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks! You are a savior! 🙂

Hemkumarc
7 0 0

Hi @dipu,

Tried your solution. But it gave me the same result. Im not getting the option to "go back to Shopify'

What to do? Did you wait a couple of hours before retrying?

amt300779
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank u so much bro.I was facing this problem for two days.Applied your instructions.Worked like a charm.Big thank u.

Somee17
Visitor
1 0 0

thank you so much , it helped for me as well, was struggling from 4 days.. once again thanks

Terry33
4 0 0

help me  out

MoabitessQueen
Visitor
1 0 0

This actually helped me. I left the store alone for a month because I was so frustrated and even called Shopify and they couldn't help. Thanks!

pritpatel
Visitor
1 0 0

my new store is based on different email than PayPal email. and that paypal email is already used by me in the past. now, and that paypal account email that is all finished 14-day free trial so I can not delete that account. what can I do? I am tired of all this

Vishal21
Visitor
1 0 0
Hey brother I am also facing the same issue can you please guide me so that I can solve this issue
hx-enterprize
Tourist
3 0 1
Follow this step.
benahalkar
Tourist
7 0 1
Hi,

if you scroll through the previous comments, you will find the exact steps
that i did to get this done.

All the best !!
BecV
Visitor
3 0 0
That worked, Thank you!
kos1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Shawn, 

how did you manage to fix it? any chance you could tell me step by step since I'm facing the exact same problem right now 

Would be extremely helpful, thanks!

Yashwant
Visitor
2 0 0

Dude! How? Please tell me. I'm also from India and facing the same problem. It would mean a lot. Thank you. 

benahalkar
Tourist
7 0 1
Hi,

I have detailed the steps in my earlier posts. Please scroll to look at the
exact steps for integration. It is available in the same topic thread
message.
preetsht11
Tourist
5 0 1

did you find a solution im facing the same issue its been a week im frustrated

euri_23
Excursionist
10 0 6

Is your business PayPal new? Because if it is it’s so hard to integrate it to ur store trust me I tried for over a month I was almost really to give up.

But what I did was I had another PayPal business account that I would sell used goods on eBay for about 3 to 4 years so that account was clean and old so PayPal knows that account Is legit and ships out and that,All  I did was change the settings and details from that account to my now own business on Shopify, now I get payments right away and it got integrated easily I didn’t have to pay someone money to do it for me. 

If you have an older PayPal business account try doing that changing that account into ur shopify business Account and not ebay or amazon seller account.

let me know if you understood if you don’t then message me, I would be glad to help 🙂

euridice401@gmail.com

rengamma
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

iam not able to link my paypal with shopify

the problem iam facing is once i click on activate paypal express chckout it ask me securitycheck then once i log in paypal 

account it automatically redirects to me paypal dashboard.

plz help iam struggling with this issue from last one week 

Hemkumarc
7 0 0

Hi @rengamma ,

I faced the same issue last week. Just take a break and try it after a couple of hours. Continuous attempts don't help. 

Just ensure you have given the third-party permission to your Shopify store. Check API Manage Permissions. 

deepanshu06
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Shwan,

I am facing the same problem. Please let me know how did you solve this.

Thanks

rengamma
Tourist
3 0 1
Please send me your email address i can help you with this.
Alfian123
Visitor
1 0 0
Hi im also having the same problem. I tried all the suggestions here and it doesnt work. It has been one week already. Do you have a solution?

Thanks!
benahalkar
Tourist
7 0 1
Try This..it worked for me..

When you press the link "Activate PayPal Express Checkout" it takes you
through a series of steps before you are asked to

"Complete Your Setup Now"

At this point, there is a smaller link below "Return to Shopify" click on
that. It will take you back to Shopify and the connection would be done.