Not able to integrate PayPal with Shopify

kartzot
Visitor
1 0 5

I am trying to integrate my Shopify store with PayPal express checkout but the moment I click on the activate button it redirects me to PayPal log in where it asks me to complete my setup on PayPal. But my PayPal is completely set up. PayPal customer service is not able to solve this issue. Anyone else with the same problem?

Replies 85 (85)
benahalkar
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi,

I have a similar issue. 

I am unable to activate the Paypal account. In my shopify store there is no DEACTIVATE button when I go to Settings > Payment providers. 

There is only a 'Activate PayPal Express Checkout' button and when it is clicked on it takes to the Paypal account. I also tried using a different browser. My Paypal account is fully set up and the email id for the logic is also the same. My Paypal account is a business account and i have received confirmation from Paypal that i can receive money in the account in both INR and USD. 

Please guide.

bkkirankumar
4 0 0

Hello,

I had similar problems connecting some time back, but managed to somehow get it done:)

When you press the link "Activate PayPal Express Checkout" it takes you through a series  of steps before you are asked to 

"Complete Your Setup Now"

At this point, there is a smaller link below "Return to Shopify" click on that. It will take you back to Shopify and the connection

would have been done.

In case if you still have an issue check within Paypal for an error caused by earlier attempts. Let me know how it goes:)

Kiran Kumar

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 11.53.52 PM.png

benahalkar
Tourist
7 0 1
Thanks Kiran - This worked for me.. Regards
bkkirankumar
4 0 0

That's great, wish you all the very best😄👍

bkkirankumar
4 0 0
😄👍
Yuvraj
Tourist
6 0 1

hi,

my name is yuvraj. Can you please help what i can do to intigrate paypal with shopify. when i try to to activate it take me to page and show Reload the page.i tried many times but i am not able to do anything.

benahalkar
Tourist
7 0 1
This has worked for me as suggested by one of the members here:

When you press the link "Activate PayPal Express Checkout" it takes you
through a series of steps before you are asked to

"Complete Your Setup Now"

At this point, there is a smaller link below "Return to Shopify" click on
that. It will take you back to Shopify and the connection

would have been done.

In case if you still have an issue check within Paypal for an error caused
by earlier attempts

Trust this works for you. All the best.
euri_23
Excursionist
10 0 6

I am going through the same thing I need help adding PayPal Checkout to my product, cart and payment pages. please help me do paypal integration, with the sandbox thing and API credentials and the apps, please its alot and i don't get it at all it's stressing me out. I have been trying for the past week watching videos, reading the paypal guide method page over and over, trying to get paypal on the phone but know body is picking up, im going crazy, I've cry, I've been angry that i cant do a simple job, I feel defeated and im new to this please help me, im seriously going crazy here. im getting sick and tired of remote messages telling me to do the same thing as the bloodly website is, I need a real live person stop copying and pasting and thinking it will solve the issue when in reality some of us are dyslexic and cant read large some of paragraphs. 

Now can someone please help me to get what i want on the pictures pleaseScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_1.png 

Waverleybooks
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello we have set up our Shopify Shop. We have linked our business account on Paypal to our Shopify store. We have not received an order yet. We have not received an email from Paypal to give our permission for Shopify to talk to Paypal.  Also, the  option to pay by Paypal on our site is not working yet. What do we do? thank you

Subaiyal
Visitor
2 0 1

This worked for me

Go to settings⚙️ > account settings > in more account settings click 'service providers' > click on 'remove' shopify

Then go to your payments in shopify, click on choose another payment provider > choose paypal payflow pro> enter not actual details then click activate paypal payflow pro with express checkout enabled(just do this , dont enter actual details) > after activation ,on the same page disable express checkout > click save.

Then deactivate paypal payflow pro checkout after 1 min.

After all this go to payment page in shopify , click on activate express checkout > log in > then dont click on complete setup, otherwise activation wont work, click return to shopify. This should activate your express checkout.

If this doesnt work try it a few times after 12-24 hrs interval. I had to do it a couple of times to get it done.

Hope this helps!

scozzap
Visitor
1 0 0

thankyou so much, worked for me too!

AfshaShaikh
Visitor
1 0 0
100% Working Thanks
Gujju
Visitor
2 0 0

It worked!..It Worked!...Eureka!!

Thanks man..I was trying since so many days and waiting for paypal or shopify guy to respond..but YOU ROCK!

BrianGreen
Tourist
4 0 1

Kishan_P
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Yes im facing the same issue for this website : merakishop.in

devesh246
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

whosoever is stuck Please READ**

Its quite easy after wasting 2 hours 

First check in Paypal> settings> account setting> service provider, if shopify permission is present or not. If yes, remove

Step 2.

1. Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Click Payments.
  4. Select PayPal Express Checkout within the PayPal module.
  5. Click Activate.
  6. Once directed to a PayPal login page, log in to your PayPal account and click I Give Permission.
  7. Click Back to Shopify. NOTE** Dont click Complete setup now, it will again mess up the integration. Click back to shopify

Hope its activated

deepanshu06
Visitor
2 0 0

Perfect, thanks so much.

rengamma
Tourist
3 0 1
Plz let me know about ur first sales in shopify as im also started a new
shopify store
Arijit
Visitor
1 0 1

It worked for me, Thanks

Tanveersingh11
Visitor
1 0 0

Tysm, it worked

smithclarks78
Visitor
2 0 0

Yes, It's possible please contact with support.

Check also this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/paypal/set-up-paypal

nattang
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, I have the same problem. I activated my paypal account and granted permission, but it leads me back to square 1 again. It asks me to activate my paypal again. Were you able to find a way to solve this?

BANFIY
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey,

Isn't there any option to sign In while you are redirected?

It should be there.

I have also faced same problem while setup banfiy store paypal.

BecV
Visitor
3 0 0

I was able to sign in to paypal, and then accept the permissions, but when i clicked the button to accept it took me to the same error page as you... I did not get the success screen and ability to go back to shopify.

OhmTG
Shopify Partner
6 0 0
@kartzot wrote:

I am trying to integrate my Shopify store with PayPal express checkout but the moment I click on the activate button it redirects me to PayPal log in where it asks me to complete my setup on PayPal. But my PayPal is completely set up. PayPal customer service is not able to solve this issue. Anyone else with the same problem?

I found the solution, my PayPal was linked to previous store, I went to account settings and removed shopify from service providers and API access, easy fix!

Yashwant
Visitor
2 0 0

Dude I got the same problem too, please anybody help us solve it... 😔

Ayanshaikh
Visitor
1 0 0

Paypal accont not connected

euri_23
Excursionist
10 0 6

Explain the problem?

Terry33
4 0 0

when it try activating paypal express check out it asks me to login and once I'm done it takes me to the dashboard of paypal and my store wasn't  still connected. I didn't get the permission option.

been trying all the options from the past 2 days nothing seems to work , even the email matches. Is there any solution for this problem?

euri_23
Excursionist
10 0 6

Is your business PayPal new? Because if it is it’s so hard to integrate it to ur store trust me I tried for over a month I was almost really to give up.

But what I did was I had another PayPal business account that I would sell used goods on eBay for about 3 to 4 years so that account was clean and old so PayPal knows that account Is legit and ships out and that,All  I did was change the settings and details from that account to my now own business on Shopify, now I get payments right away and it got integrated easily I didn’t have to pay someone money to do it for me. 

If you have an older PayPal business account try doing that changing that account into ur shopify business Account and not ebay or amazon seller account.

let me know if you understood if you don’t then message me, I would be glad to help 🙂

euridice401@gmail.com

Waverleybooks
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you.

It was very kind of you to reply.

THEBUNDLEATTACK
Tourist
4 0 1

Did you get this resolved I am having the same issue in 2020 and missing business.

euri_23
Excursionist
10 0 6

Is your business PayPal new? Because if it is it’s so hard to integrate it to ur store trust me I tried for over a month I was almost really to give up.

But what I did was I had another PayPal business account that I would sell used goods on eBay for about 3 to 4 years so that account was clean and old so PayPal knows that account Is legit and ships out and that,All  I did was change the settings and details from that account to my now own business on Shopify, now I get payments right away and it got integrated easily I didn’t have to pay someone money to do it for me. 

If you have an older PayPal business account try doing that changing that account into ur shopify business Account and not ebay or amazon seller account.

let me know if you understood if you don’t then message me, I would be glad to help 🙂

euridice401@gmail.com

beingv
Visitor
1 0 0

Just try it once more but after your login don't click on setup button instead click on go back to shopify and you'll see after coming back to shopify site they will ask you to login on shopify again and this time may be, boom! Your account will be connected. 

Cupzakaz
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello!

I have exactly the same problem.

I have two Paypal business account, non of one wants to integrate to Shopify. Or Shopify doesn't want to integrate to PayPal.

I click on the activate button it redirects me to PayPal log in where it asks me to complete my setup on PayPal. But my PayPal is completely set up. PayPal customer service is not able to solve this issue.