Not able to integrate PayPal with Shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am trying to integrate my Shopify store with PayPal express checkout but the moment I click on the activate button it redirects me to PayPal log in where it asks me to complete my setup on PayPal. But my PayPal is completely set up. PayPal customer service is not able to solve this issue. Anyone else with the same problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Lol, welcome to PayPal :) Consider contacting Shopify technical support, they should be able to guide you step by step. Make sure to clean the cookies as well, they might be preventing the page to refresh. Check also this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/paypal/set-up-paypal

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 36

Hey, @kartzot

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team and I would be happy to help with your PayPal connection.

For context, when first opening a shop on Shopify, our system automatically takes the email used to create the account and uses that as the PayPal email to accept payments.

27-54-22pjn-m5r2h

As mentioned in the screenshot above, when a shop makes their first sale through PayPal, the merchant will receive an email from PayPal to "complete the setup" to receive their funds with a redirect link to PayPal. From there, you can finish the setup and start accepting PayPal payments without any issues.

If in the case you have yet to receive your first order using PayPal, it may just be a matter of time to complete the setup. Another option is to deactivate and reactivate the email linked to PayPal as this may force the connection before needing to make any sales. To do this, head over to Settings > Payment Provider > PayPal > Edit > Deactivate (by the way, this is also something you should do if the email linked to the account on Shopify is incorrect). Once everything is deactivated and the page is refreshed, you'll noticed that you are no longer connected. Now it's time to reactivate! Select "PayPal Express Checkout" from the dropdown menu under the PayPal section and proceed to activate the account. It will redirect you to PayPal, first asking you to sign up or log in via email and password > if your information is correct, it will ask you to authorize permissions:

27-50-2ae5v-hktpu

If all done correctly, you will be met with a page that looks like this:

27-51-ky1od-iridd

Feel free to log into PayPal just to make sure you don't have any outstanding steps you need to take. From there you are good to go until you make your first PayPal order (if you haven't already).

Based on what you are saying, it sounds like you have already deactivated your PayPal account and are attempting to reactivate, which then the above steps are not working for you which is unusual behaviour. I just tested this out on my test store and didn't see that banner or run into any issues at all. Another suggestion is to clear the cache for the browser you’re using. I also suggest trying this in a different browser than the one currently (i.e. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc), as this can help us narrow down the problem. Once cleared, you should be good to go, but if not, let me know what happens and we’ll keep troubleshooting!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm facing the exact same problem right now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 36

Hi, @ShawnSG!

Thanks for joining the thread and letting us know you're dealing with a similar issue. Very sorry to hear about that.

Let's work together to troubleshoot this so you can accept PayPal payments on your Shopify store with no issue! Can you please tell me more about the problem you're experiencing? Did you get a chance to follow my instructions that I shared earlier on this thread to see if that resolves things? Any information you can share regarding your specific PayPal issue will be super helpful.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried all the steps exactly as you have mentioned above. Everything works out the same till the "authorize page". Instead of the authorize page I am getting the same page as the beginner of this thread. When I click "complete your setup now" I am only redirected to the paypal home page and there are no further directions displayed for completing the integration.

How can I solve this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

This is the screen I am getting while testing the integration.

Paypal 2.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 36

Hi, @ShawnSG!

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still running into the same PayPal set up issue? If so, I would be happy to continue assisting. My first troubleshooting suggestion would be to attempt connecting PayPal to Shopify using a desktop. I would like to see if it takes you through the same steps as you shared earlier on your mobile device. Sometimes integrations aren't properly set up for mobile and work better on a desktop computer.

Give that a try and let me know how that goes. If that doesn't work, we'll go onto the next step! Again, thanks so much for your patience and I apologize that you've been dealing with this inconvenient situation for some time. 

Chat soon,

Sunny

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi,

I've actually sorted it. I read somewhere that the PayPal integration shows
error when tested in India (because the store isn't selling to India).

I had it tested by my friend from Belgium and it worked like a charm.

Thank you for your response though. :)

Have a great day.

Regards,

Shawn.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 36

Hey, Shawn!

I'm so glad to hear that you've got everything working now. Thanks for taking the time to update me on your PayPal situation and I greatly appreciate you sharing that little piece of information about why it wasn't working, as I'm sure others in similar situations who come across this thread will find that helpful.

Wishing you the best of luck with your shop. Have a great day, as well!

Cheers,

Sunny

0 Likes