Not able to receive email -domain point at Shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

Just started a shopify site. My domain is hosted with a different company, so I changed my hosting A Record to point at Shopify DNS and updated CName to point at shops.myshopify.com

All this is working fine - www.grizzlygoldtrap.com goes to my Shopify site.

HOWEVER, I can not receive emails sent to support@grizzlygoldtrap.com - I can send mail out through OutLook client, but can not receive emails. Yes, my outgoing and incoming account settings are correct.

Below are JPEGs of my DNS setting. 

Any HELP really appreciated. thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 86

Hey there, Dennis!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

It looks like your DNS settings are all set properly to point your domain towards Shopify, but your A Record and CNAME don't actually effect your email. In fact, Shopify doesn't host emails at all - so the issue would be somewhere between your domain provider (which seems to be domains.com) and your email client (Outlook). 

I did a quick check on your MX Records (the records that point from your domain to your email host), and everything seems to be set up correctly as well. I would venture to guess that the issue is with the way importing has been set up through Outlook. I'd recommend checking out Domain.com's guide to setting that up here. If you don't notice any particular issues while going through those steps, you can also contact your domain provider's support line here

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I have this same issue.

I have my domain animalgo.mx with Neubox and pointed to my host from Hostgator.

Then I modified my DNS following the instructions to link my domain with shopify and now I can't connect to my webmail not even from a email client

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Has anybody got a solution for this problem

As soon as i moved my domain slugha.co.za to go live my incoming emailed stopped working.

I have tried everything - please assist

Elizabeth

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Having the same issue.

My hoster is GoDaddy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same issue here as well.

0 Likes