Not able to receive email -domain point at Shopify

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello Shopify, 

We have opened an store called best deals store and bought the domain from shopify as bestdealstore.ca. we have set up our mail forwarding as info@bestdealstore.ca; sells@bestdealstore.ca;support@bestdealstore.ca. to customerservice.bestdeals@gmail.com. 

We tried to test email forwarding and is not working. Could you please let us know what we have to do in order to resolve this issue. 

TIA, 

Gourab Halder 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
420 55 77

Hi, @bestdealstore,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for the context as knowing where you purchased your domain is key to what the issue might be.

What I will do is share this guide with you  just to ensure you have made the correct steps with email forwarding so far.

But if you have a custom mailbox with the likes of Gsuite or Zoho, that may affect how you set this up within your admin. Also if you have any MX records within your domains DNS settings (Online Store > Domains > Manage > DNS Records), this can also affect the email forwarding. If it is a custom record for instance.

Can you confirm for me if you have a custom MX record, or if the email forwarding is set up correctly?

Let me know how you get on!

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello Hank, 

Thank you for your reply. We bought the domain from shopify and we did not use zoho or g-suite as of now. for the time being we are using only email forwarding option that comes with shopify domain packages. We have tested yesterday, info@bestdealstore.ca and sells@bestdealstore.ca and it was working fine. We are unable to receive any email from support@bestdealstore.ca. we have added gourab@bestdealstore.ca and nazmul@bestdealstore.ca afterwards to check and tested and email did not go through actually. below is the setting as of now : 

A Record : 

Name : @ 

Points to : 23.227.38.65

CNAME RECORD

Name : www

Points to : shops.myshopify.com

MX RECORD

Name : @

Points to : mx.bestdealstore.ca.cust.b.hostedemail.com

Priority : 1 

TXT RECORD

Name : _provider

TXT Value : shopify 

we also did cmd> ipconfig/dnsflush and rergister as well. try to check the reachability and it works ok. 

Hope those above info helps. please do let us know . 

You have a good day,

Best Regards, 

Best Deal Store 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
420 55 77

Thank you for sharing this with me.

I sent an email to gourab@bestdealstore.ca with the subject "testing forwarding", to see if this is received on your end,

But also I would recommend that you add Shopify's SPF records to your domain's DNS settings, as this can help with third-party emails. 

Once you have that added, can you try to send an email once again after 48 hours? If this is not received, let me know and we can take a closer look with the technical team.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello Hank, 

gourab@bestdealstore.ca works and I have added v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all. you might want to have a look. also would appreciate if nazmul@bestdealstore.ca and support@bestdealstore.ca works. you might want to have a look. 

Thank you and have a good day,

Regards,

Best Deal Store 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
420 55 77

That is great to hear!

So what I would advise doing is to send an email to both of those email addresses 48 hours after adding the SPF records, but I do not see there being an issue if the other mails are now working.

But do reach back out to me if after 48 hours you still have an issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello Hank,

We have received the email for Nazmul, Gourab and Support email as forwarding but along with that we have also received the following : 

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to nazmul@bestdealstore.cabecause the domain bestdealstore.ca couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
The response was:

DNS Error: 12994326 DNS type 'mx' lookup of bestdealstore.ca responded with code NXDOMAIN Domain name not found: bestdealstore.ca

do you mind to have a look please?

thank you,

Best Deal Store  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
420 55 77

Thank you for confirming.

However, when I look at your DNS settings on this website, I do not see the above suggested SPF records associated with the domain. Did you add the SPF records as shown in this guide?

If you have not done so, can you add it, and then try to resend the email?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello Hank, 

We have received the email but we are still getting the following error. We have added SPF value to its TXT record. Following is the error : 

DNS Error: 592385 DNS type 'mx' lookup of bestdealstore.ca responded with code NXDOMAIN Domain name not found: bestdealstore.ca

You might want to have a look ? 

TIA,

Best Deal Store 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
420 55 77

I'm afraid that by looking at your DNS settings, it does not appear the SPF record is associated with your domain.

If you are having an issue with adding this to the domain, would you be able to reach out to our live support team with regard to this? 

They will be able to authenticate the store and assist you in real time!

0 Likes