Not able to see website on google, even after domain verification?

Shivpat
1 0 0

Hello!

I had changed my domain for my site. It is now: www.shivpatstudios.com 

It is a google domain, and is linked to Shopify, but isn't showing as authenticated? On google it says it is verified. 

I can access the website manually, but am unable to search for it. This process was super simple the first time, not sure what I'm doing wrong! 

Any tips? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
970 92 138

Hello, @Shivpat.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out. 

I understand that your domain is verified with Google; however, you're unable to search for your shop (www.shivpatstudios.com). I've taken a look on Google and I was able to find 3 results by searching 'shivpatstudios.'  One of the results point to this forum thread, while the other two point to your website (ie. the contact page and the Namaste - Wood Canvas product page). Can you confirm if I'm looking at the right page? Also, do these results appear for you using a different browser or another device?

Google Search Results:

19-49-43ufp-rv1wx

Contact page:

19-14-r2e7w-ijvze

Namaste - Wood Canvas:

19-19-kb7j0-rdzsu

I've also took the opportunity to look at your shop and I noticed that you didn't have any store policies on the shop. Having store policies on your store can be beneficial, as it can help address some of your customers' concerns. This way, customers won't need to reach out via email as much and help reduce some of your workload. Once you've created your store policies, you can add your store policies to the menus. Also, incase you're not aware, you can remove the 'Powered by Shopify' message in the footer - Would this be something that might interest you? 

Considering you're almost ready to launch your store, it's a good time to start thinking about how you're going to advertise your business. Have you created a marketing plan for your shop?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes