Not getting any sales first two weeks.

1 0 0

Hello people!

I was so excited about lunching my store,but i have expirianced trouble with  getting sales.

Mainly I advertise on Facebook and Instagram, but I am confused about the ads.

When I make worldwide well targeted campaign ad, I have great amount of traffic but no sales. And when I make US campaign I have very very low almost none ad clicks and non sales.

My question to you guys is:

Is something wrong with my website design and structure? 

If you have time please check out my store www.upshopy.com and tell me is it good.

Thank you all.

Hope I will make my first sale soon.

0 Likes
Explorer
242 1 22

Hey Mario,

I took a look at your store and here are some tips for you to help you improve.

Your menu doesn't make sense. You have one row menu and one column menu but they are the same. There is absolutely no need to have them both because you have the same items in both of them. Plus the column one covers your main banner.

Some of your product pages have the buttons for color choice blanc. You should make the color the same choice as the color your visitor is choosing.

Some of your product names are clearly copied from your supplier. You don't need that long product names. They don't look good. Make shorter names and put the additional info from the name to the product description.

Your product description should be more than just a list of technical specification. You should say something about what the product is good for. For example fro which occasion it is ideal.

Once you have enough visitors you should think about approaching them with retargeting ads. You can try app ROI Hunter Easy for that. It generates personalized ads with products your visitors left in the cart or have browsed. Sometimes, the visitors make a purchase immediately but usually, they need more than one visit to make a decision and it's good to remind them of your store.

If you'll need more feedback or advice you can try this FB group. It small but still growing group of people interested in improving their e-commerce. 

Hope it helps.

Ondra

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Mario.

Firstly, congo on setting up your online store. 

Getting sales right off the bat might seem a little too over-ambitious but nevertheless, in this line of business you need that I suppose.

But yes, coming to the point.

I think your website is good, it looks very dynamic. 
What I would suggest is your homepage looks female products oriented. Showcase some Mens accessories and other products as well. 
Secondly I would recommend you to look at the targeting options and ad timing schedule to ensure you hit the audience at right time. 

Also, you will ideally not get sales overnight as for the first quarter you need to spend in consistently to ensure product discovery and Brand recognition.

Additionally to get International Exposure from US, Europe, Middle East, and Southeast Asia you can reach out to Eunimart.com (Cross-border E-commerce Aggregators - They helped me sell my Fashion products on 12 International Marketplaces in 60 Countries)

Hope this helps.
Good Luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

Great post. Understand your struggle.

We’ve spent $100m on FB ads, and learned this: Good product shots are everything in running ads that convert.

Always explore alternate approaches. Experiment with interesting angles, backgrounds and environments.

If you’re more lifestyle focused, your product should be visually featured front & center. Test different environments, contexts & subjects. Lifestyle imagery should be relevant to the target user.

Hope that helps!

P.S. Wrote more about this on our site here: https://bit.ly/2s0G4lj

Cheers!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes
Excursionist
86 0 4

Hi Mario

Think your site looks good and advertising is the only real way of getting people to visit your site when you first release it.

I do think though that you should look at collecting visitor details so you can build a list and facebook messenger is an excellent channel to use for ecommerce. Why, because it's quick for the receiver of the message, they can see the message and who it's from.

Secondly, if you have a TICK HERE to sign up to our newsletter for instance, they're not having to put in a long email address.

Thirdly, with a button on your website, they don't have to go to facebook, all posts are delivered to their messenger inbox.

lawriesheridan101@gmail.com
0 Likes
1 0 0
Hi Guys I’m just here for feedback. I too have started a Shopify store recently and am struggling to get sales. If you Don’t mind please take a look at my store hightechforless.com
0 Likes