Not getting order confirmation emails

steffiphoxfoods
5 0 0

Hello,

We have integrated Shopify to our website using the 'Buy Now' feature. Since we did this we have stopped getting the order confirmation emails. Need some assistance asap.

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
431 55 81

Hey there, @steffiphoxfoods!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! Adding your Buy Button code to HTML shouldn't impact your ability to receive new order notifications. Have you searched all the inboxes (including Spam or Junk folders) of all the email address that you've added as a recipient to the order notifications? Have you been able to send and receive test notifications? You can do this in your Admin by going to Settings > Notifications > Staff order notifications and click 'Send test notification next to the email addresses that aren't receiving the notifications.

04-47-63u82-sjc21

Then you'll want to check your all the folders in your inbox again to see if you've received this test notification. If not, are these email addresses personal email addresses (ex. hello@gmail.com, hello@yahoo.com), or are they custom-domain email addresses (ex. hello@customdomain.com)? If you're using a custom domain, you'll want to confirm that your domain is connected and that your custom-domain email provider isn't having any issues receiving emails from external email addresses. You can also try adding Shopify's SPF record to your domain host to see if that helps change anything.

If you've tried all of the above, and are still unable to locate your new order notifications or test notifications please let me know. We can look at moving this conversation over to email, and I'd be happy to take a closer look at your account. 

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
steffiphoxfoods
5 0 0

Thank you Ryder. 

I passed on the info to the person in charge of the Shopify account. I will get back to you once I hear from her :)

0 Likes
Sean_March
1 0 1

Hi, I have been having the same problem. I have tried everything you mentioned. The test email sends to my email, yet I am not receiving any actual purchase confirmation emails, and I am losing track of orders due to this issue. 

BeeAdored
1 0 0

I am not getting emails when an order is placed. I have tried the test buttons and i get nothing. PLEASE ADVISE

0 Likes
urbanpineapple
2 0 0

Hi,

I am not getting order emails anymore for some reason. I have gone in and sent "test" emails and I still don't get them. I also had it set up to send to my iphone and I'm not getting them there either but when I "test" it it works...I have missed orders because I didn't know this was happening. I put in a completely didn't email that isn't associated with my business and got that test email. Put in my business email again and it simply will not send the test email to it. Can you please help me? Obviously this isn't good for business and have no idea why I stopped getting my order email notifications in the first place. Thank you kindly.....

0 Likes
Giant
2 0 0

I'm also having the same problem for the last few days. I added a secondary email and the test went through to that fine. I also removed and added my main email again, but it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
Giant
2 0 0

However, I did just get an email from this site congratulating me on my first posting.

0 Likes
lucasasalmins
2 0 0

I am also having this problem with Gmail

0 Likes
JamieM
Excursionist
35 0 5

I also stopped getting order emails about 2 weeks ago.

Anyone had any update on the problem?

0 Likes