Not receiving Delivered notification

sindhuthomas
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello.

I did a couple of test orders on my store as it is not live yet. I noticed that I am not receiving Order Delivered notifications in my email. I am using the Debut theme and I have authenticated my domain. Have I missed out on anything else? I only do local delivery and do not engage any third party couriers. 

Many thanks,

Sindhu

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
872 83 116

Hello, @sindhuthomas.

This is Elias with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you haven't been able to receive the order confirmations from your test orders. Typically, the order confirmations aren't an issue with free email provider, such as Gmail or Hotmail. However, if you're using a custom domain as well as a custom email, then the order confirmations may have been rejected or flagged as spam. This is usually due to not having Shopify's Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record added to your custom domain's DNS. The SPF record serves to verify your email with the recipient's server, so having this in place will help prevent emails from being rejected or marked as spam, and increase deliverability.  

So that I can help identify whether the issue is due to the missing SPF record or something else entirely, can you confirm which type of email you're using for the Sender email ('Settings > General')? Also, you've mentioned authenticating your domain - Just to clarify, are you using a custom domain?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
sindhuthomas
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure what is a custom domain. 

We are using GSuite for our email

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
872 83 116

Hey, @sindhuthomas.

Thank you for confirming the email host!

Just to clarify, a custom domain can be a Shopify-purchased domain or a third-party domain. Custom domains can be connected to your store, which is different from the default Shopify URL - 'store.myshopify.com'. Though the default Shopify URL can't be changed after an account is created, you can connect up to 10 custom domains to your store. 

As mentioned earlier, if you're using the default Shopify URL or a custom domain purchased through Shopify, then our SPF record is automatically set up. However, if you're using a custom domain with GSuite, then you'll need to make sure that Shopify's SPF record is added to your domain's DNS. 

Can you confirm which type of domain you're using? Or, have you added Shopify's SPF record?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes