Notification - Badge App Icon (iPhone)

Highlighted
2 0 1

Upon downloading the app, I have a constant badge app notification that continues to increase with each order placed. How are these notifications reset to 0 given that I am now aware of all orders placed? (in other words, the notifiacation currently shows 32 orders - but I have been in the app, have been through all orders and am aware, yet the 32 hasnt reduced to 0?)

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
208 0 27

Hi, Craig!

I’m Melissa, a Shopify Guru.

Are you referring to the notifications that pop up every time an order is placed in your store? If so, they should reset and minus the number once an order has been fulfilled, is it still counting up after that?

If it is, please let me know and we can take a further look into this matter for you. 

Hope this information helps! You can reach out to the Guru team https://help.shopify.com/questions if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Melissa | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks very much. I will reach out to shopify live chat to deal with this - as you are correct in that the notification number continues to increase notwithstanding orders being fulfilled. 

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Melissa,

I just installed the app and the push notifications for orders do not clear after an order has been fulfilled. I have an i-phone 7.

I cannot find anywhere to reset these, they should just clear once the order is complete... am i missing something?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi,

From what I can see the badge notification number drops when orders are archived.

Ciao,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

This doenst work with cancelled orders, even after archiving them.

Is there another way?

Thanks

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

I am having the same issue. Which makes the notification number absolutely worthless because I can't use it to quickly glance at how many orders I have had for the current day. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Highlighted
1 0 2

It is both very funny and very sad to see that two years later this is still an issue with the Shopify app. The badge icons mean nothing and do not properly go away. Badge icons are now turned off in Notification settings for me until somebody on the app team can hopefully fix this very old issue. 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
I am also having this issue. My app notifications badge show 8,000 orders and climbing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Hello. Had this same issue. If you archive the fulfilled order the badge notification will go away. Best of luck!