ORDERS DO NOT GO THROUGH

akzk
1 0 0

I keep getting abandoned checkouts from new customers subscribers. It shows all their details and which product they "bought" but there is no actual order, no money are going through. I need to solve this urgently as i can't have customer thinking that they ordered something which in fact they didn't. I have Shop Pay and Apple Pay enabled as well. Is this the issue?? 

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
698 69 91

Hey, @akzk!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm happy to look into this with you so we can figure out what the issue is. I have a few questions and some suggestions of where you can look in your admin for us to determine what's going on. Could you please address the following points and reply back here to give me an update?

• Have there been any successfully completed orders on your shop? 
  • Head over to Settings> Payments in your admin and ensure your payment gateways are fully set up and no further action is required.
  • Head over to Orders> Abandoned Checkouts and click on one to open it. If there were any errors with the order, such as a problem processing payment, that will appear in a "History" section below the Additional Details. Here's a screenshot example of an Abandoned Checkout that was created due to error: abandeoned checkout.png

While sometimes an Abandoned Checkout will be the result of an error, they can also occur when a customer adds one or more products to their cart, proceeds to the checkout, and then leaves before completing their purchase. If the customer enters information to the checkout such as their email address, you still have the opportunity to attempt to recover an Abandoned Checkout. Abandoned Checkouts are saved in the Shopify admin for three months. Every Monday, abandoned checkouts that are older than three months are removed from your admin so you'll need to attempt recovery before that time.

If it appears there are no errors causing the Abandoned Checkouts, but rather a case of customers changing their minds during the checkout process, I'm happy to discuss some ideas with you that could potentially boost sales and encourage customers to complete their checkout. Feel free to send me a link to your site as well. I'll do some testing to make sure everything is in working order, and I can also offer some feedback if you're interested. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes