Oberlo/Aliexpress discounts

Highlighted
Excursionist
22 2 6
Hello all,
New to Shopify and dropshipping, I have had my store up and running about a month now and getting some orders. I have one product that is getting ordered more than others. On aliexpress from my supplier it says I get a certain amount off if I spend x amount, but as the orders are being processed separately with different shipping addresses I have never gotten the discount.
Am I able to somehow process the orders with different shipping addresses together to get the bulk discount from aliexpress?
Thanks for any insight
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey there, @afar!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community, and thanks for posting! Congratulations on your recent launch, I'm happy to hear you've been able to fulfill some orders already. I'd be my pleasure to elaborate on the dropshipping business model and what options you have if you were wanting to take advantage of your AliExpress supplier's bulk discount pricing. 

Dropshipping is a great business model, with one of the benefits being requiring less capital to get started. The dropshipping fulfillment process ships individual products directly to your customers, saving you as the merchant from having to purchase wholesale inventory and handling fulfillment yourself. Of course, this results in lower profit margins - one of the disadvantages of dropshipping

If you feel comfortable that this is a popular product and you're seeing enough incoming orders to invest in your business, then you may want to consider purchasing a wholesale quantity and keeping inventory in your home or business headquarters. You can then fulfill your own orders or outsource your order fulfillment. If you're not sure whether fulfilling orders yourself or using a third-party logistics and fulfillment company is the right approach for your business at this time, I recommend reading through this guide to determine which option is best for you. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 2 6
Hi Ryder,
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. I think there may be a misunderstanding of what I am asking, so I will be more specific.
I am familiar with the dropshipping model and that is why I have chosen to go this route, I do not want to hold inventory. :)
When you go to fulfill orders in oberlo/aliexpress the supplier usually has coupons. For example: spend $80.00 get $5.00 off coupon. Say I place 5 orders through the same supplier for $20 each, equaling $100 I should qualify for the $5.00 off, but as I am putting the orders through separate with separate shipping address it doesn’t apply automatically.
So just wondering if there is a way to put a bunch of orders in with different shipping address in order to get the automatic discounts suppliers provide when buying a certain dollar amount. I just feel I am missing something on the placing orders.
Thanks for your time and any clarification and insight you may have. :)
Amanda
Highlighted
2 0 3

I have the same question. Anyone on the Shopify side who can answer?

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 7

Some question here.   How do we get the discount coupons on AliExpress to work when each order is done individually.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hi, @afar@wbkellam, and @ruby8lavender!

Thanks so much for clarifying and following up regarding this inquiry. In that case, I recommend reaching out to the supplier directly. While I can't guarantee that this is the case for all suppliers, a colleague of mine has done this in the past. She had sent the suppliers a CSV export of all the orders and received a bulk discount every time. It's important to communicate with your suppliers, especially when you're dropshipping. If your suppliers aren't willing to do this for you or if you're looking for general supplier tips, check out our How to Find and Work With Reliable Suppliers guide. It's common practice for entrepreneurs to be in touch with their suppliers frequently for any questions or concerns they might need support with. If you haven't already, try giving your supplier a call and see if they're responsive, communicative, and otherwise suitable to do business with. Alternatively, you might consider purchasing popular products in bulk and shipping them from our home or a fulfillment center - for which you can add as a custom fulfillment service.

I hope this clears that up! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Yes ! Last answer was very helpful ! Thank you