Oberlo Inventory not re-synchronising

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hi all,

I recently re-imported my products CSV after making a simple change to a few names.

However, upon re-importing, I noticed that all of the variants had been set to 0.

After researching, it appeared that it would re-synch the numbers within 24 hours. I have the auto update settings applied and everything else, and can also confirm the product is in stock and shows as much when the product is viewed from Oberlo - it's just not updating on the site and is still showing as out of stock.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Quite frustrating indeed!

Thank you in advance 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 22 36

Hi @Eroni99,

Hyde here from Shopify.

With Oberlo the products come from the supplier through the app itself, so trying to import them any other way simply breaks the sync.

If you import your products with a CSV it's almost the same as if you'd created the product manually, ie. you've bypassed the Oberlo app entirely.

To resync your products you'll need to add the product back to the import list in your Oberlo app, and then replace the out of sync item in Shopify. Check out this video I made that walks you through how to perform a product override. Or if you prefer this is the article that walks you through it How to sync existing Shopify products.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hello Hyde,

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

However, this is quite disappointing as I have close to 600 products in my CSV and performing a product override will reset all of the variants to the default supplier (all of my products had their variants re-labelled on the initial import which took an eternity) meaning I will have to start from the beginning again which is the last thing I want to do for such a large catalogue.

Considering Oberlo is the most widely used app, you should make it more clear to people in the beginning that this will be the case.

I do find this odd though, as the products are still linked to Oberlo and AliExpress, it's just the quantities that have been reset to 0 - does Oberlo not track the quantities automatically and update on Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 22 36

I completely understand your frustration, of course. If you've imported data (such as through a CSV) to override the data that was provided by Oberlo to your store (such as variant amounts), then you will break the sync between Oberlo and the products regardless of whether all other product details are the same. 

There's more information from Oberlo about this here. It's worth reading about how to customize things - like your variants - in Oberlo's help center here. I've got a screenshot of the relevant part:

20-03-dn5iu-eutaf

I'd also like to point out that Oberlo success has often been determined by how niche a product is, rather than by how many products you have in the inventory. There's an Oberlo post about that here. It could make your life easier to reduce the 600 products you have to just a select few that will work well. 

All the best, Hyde. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hello Hyde,

Thanks again for responding.

However, on speaking to Oberlo support, they have admitted that this is a bug and that Oberlo synch products once every 24-72 hours (I explained that my products were linked to the store and that the quantity variants were not updating) and that their technical team is working on a solution as AliExpress has been blocking specific page update requests.

I'd also have to respectfully disagree in regards to niche products. The industry is full of spammy software, spy tools and blatant ripoffs.

This project is a proper brand with a big market and budget to match :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 22 36

Sorry if there has been any miscommunication - I have just checked with our internal Oberlo team and in order to help eradicate any doubt you may have, and to ensure your store is set up on the right track, I wanted to clarify that CSVs will always break the sync with Oberlo. The only means of updating or editing your Oberlo products once they've been pushed to the Shopify store is within Shopify itself:

20-03-7d748-8j1uc

There's more information on that here

However, changes made on AliExpress are auto-updated every 24-72 hours in your store. In other words, it takes 24-72 hours to re-sync and for those changes made on Aliexpress to import to your store. 

I should point out that this is not a bug, it is expected behavior within the Oberlo app. That delay is intentional and happens by default. 

I hope this clears matters up for you!

All the best, Hyde. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

My items are synced, and it is not keeping track of inventory! I have several items Oberlo is showing in stock but when I go to the suppliers page it is out of stock!

0 Likes