Official Ebay Addon Error -> Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported b

Highlighted
3 0 0

I cannot find the way to list products correctly on ebay, using Official Shopify Ebay Add On. I always received the following information/error when I tried to edit a post on ebay generated by Shopify?.

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported by this tool. Please refer to the tool used to create this listing.

I removed inventory tracking but its the same.. any help appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
592 28 66

Hi there @lac2b!

Don here from Shopify. :)

You are likely getting this error from your eBay listing as all edits to eBay listings must be done on Shopify now.  

They recently made a change at eBay and are no longer allowing revisions at the listing level, directly on eBay, when using 3rd party apps that use eBay's new inventory API.

Even though the eBay Sales Channel is owned by eBay, eBay will no longer allow editing directly on eBay.

While we can't provide support for this third-party channel from here in Shopify, you can reach out to their own sales channel support team using these details:

They should be able to answer any and all queries you have about using their integration from there.

How are things going with your business otherwise?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you Don. So I will proceed using shopify directly to edit ebay. best regards,

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
592 28 66

Hi again @lac2b!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

You're very welcome!

Sorry that there isn't more we can do to help out here, it's a relatively unique situation where you are now required to edit this third-party channel via your Shopify admin, but we are not able to provide support for it ourselves here due to the nature of this channel.

Should you run into any difficulty you should get in touch with the specific eBay channel support team (not their general support team) using the contact info listed above.

Let us know here whenever you have any Shopify-related questions. :)

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Just a comment. Its impossible to apply external templates or any modification to ebay listings generated by shopify. As an example if you want to apply a crazylister template its not possible to do that. 

Do you know if its possible to apply a template in ebay shopify app to ebay listings generated with shopify tool?

best regards,

0 Likes