Old bank account

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

saw this issue here on the community but need assistance.

When I first started selling clothes I had a different bank account which was closed. BUT I have no clue what I entered before and don’t have any of the account information and it preventing me from running my store successfully. Please help me. I haven’t even been receiving my payouts

Please help me. 

THANK YOU

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1016 58 124

Hi there @Britell!

Don here from Shopify.

The first step we would recommend here would always be to check for anywhere you can find this information.

This may be your online banking (this sounds like it may not work in your case), any old statements you have, or any old blank or void cheques you may have had with that info.

You can also try contacting the bank where the old account was held, to see if they can share this info (pending their security and identity verification requirements) for your old account.

Let us know how you get on with that and we can see what further action we need to take here to get this resolved for you.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Don, 

I’ve tried that and it’s impossible because it was a while ago when I linked the account and I no longer have access to it. I just need the old account to be removed so I can link the new account. I don’t if since I had the old account linked to it and people have ordered and it says paid but still haven’t been fulfilled would that effect me  receiving the payments that were already submitted through my store? 

I’m so confused. If you could please assist me that would be helpful. I need to get this taken care of today. I have orders that are waiting to be fulfilled but can’t. Again, anything you could do to help me? I would greatly appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1016 58 124

Hi again @Britell!

Don from Shopify once more.

If you have tried all of the options above and cannot find your old banking info we can escalate this internally to get this changed over for you.

I will soon send an email out from here to the address we have on file so we can get that going.

It will take some time, as this is a secure process and the weekend is almost upon us, so just keep an eye out for my email shortly and reply there when you can to get this process started.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you Don! 
I really appreciate your help and willingness to get this problem fixed right away. I’ll be looking out for the email. 

0 Likes