Old store name appears in meta titles

Highlighted
9 0 0
Hi,

I changed the name of my store in settings and it works fine except for in the search results where my old store name still appears in the end of my meta title. Anyone else experienced this problem?

I have had my site crawled so that is not the problem. I even did other small changes to the titles just to check that it was not an indexing error. All my changes came up in searches but my old store name was still added at the end of the titles. Not the new store name.

After that I found guides on how to remove the part of the code in theme.liquid that automatically adds the store name to the end of the titles but still my old store name ends up in the meta titles. The theme developer showed me exactly what to change and even logged in to my account to verify that everything was done right but still no luck. I use the Turbo theme from Out of the Sand Box. They told me to ask Shopify directly.

Why can I not remove the automated addition of my store name to the end of my meta titles? And why is it the old store name that is put there? This is driving me crazy..
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 61 129

Hey there, Pete! 

Bo here from Shopify Support.

I am really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, it sounds super frustrating. I would love to take a closer look into it for you. Could you please confirm the old store name and the new store name so that I can replicate this issue from my end? When you search for your store on Google in incognito mode does it still yield the old name? 

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
9 0 0
Thanks for your quick response! I have tried incognito and other devices - same results. And when I have implemented changes deliberately I have seen them in searches so I think the problem is not on Google’s end. New store name “Kurios.no” and old store name “Kurios Living”. I have deliberately added “Kurios.no” to the meta title on one collection and when I search for that collection I see that followed by the old store name. The main page does however not have the meta title problem but all collections seem to do.
0 Likes
9 0 0
Did you find out anything? I still experience this problem. It’s too bad if one can not change store name with Shopify.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 61 129

Hey there, @Pete21 

Sorry for missing your previous response. I can see no reason for this not having updated accordingly once you have the name changed under Online Store > Preferences and Settings > General. What you could try here is resubmitting your sitemap to Google. This will force Google to recrawl your site once more and make note of all the changes that have been made. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
9 0 0
Old store name is still there. I have used fetch as Google, re-indexed and submitted new sitemaps long time ago and still no difference. Like I said I even did some other changes to the meta titles a few times just to test and the changes happened within a day each time. So. My conclusion is that it must be somewhere in the code still. Would really appreciate if it is a way to sort this problem out!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 61 129

Hey there, @Pete21 

I am sorry to hear that this is still an issue for your store. In this case, it does sound like an issue with your theme as you have filled out all the appropriate spots to have this updated. Is your theme a Shopify theme or third-party? If it is a Shopify theme could you please at support@shopify.com from the e-mail you use to log in and get back to me with the ticket number that is generated or the e-mail used so that I can authenticate you as the owner? I can then get this sent to our theme team to look into. If this is a third party theme, I would recommend reaching out to the theme developers.

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
9 0 0
Hi,

Ticket number is 12691338

The theme is Turbo from Out Of The Sandbox. I started by contacting them and when they could not figure it out they referred me to the Shopify help center. There I mostly got links to information I already know or have read. If they end up looking at it again I hope I don’t have to start from scratch again. It is a lot of work explaining over and over again that I have done all the things they recommend. Thanks for your help!

Happy Easter!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 61 129

Hey there, @Pete21 

I have just sent on a support request to the theme developers on ticket number 12710753. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
9 0 0
Thank you!
0 Likes