Old store name appears in meta titles

Highlighted
1 0 0

Where you ever able to sort this out? I also have the Turbo theme from Out of Sandbox and I have the exact same issue. Change the store name from Xanamed to X-Trading now both are in my titles url.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm running into the same issue with my store though this occurred when we changed domains. 

I'm wondering if this may be related to having the old domains listed in the domains section? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1108 108 275

Hey there, @toolsmart 

It can take over two weeks for Google to crawl a website and update the metadata for your store. You can try promoting Google to do so by submitting a sitemap as per this guide. If two weeks have passed and Google has not updated your meta information you may need to get your theme developer to take a look to make sure everything is updated correctly. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Bo, thanks for replying. The issue does not appear to be related to indexation as Google knows of the domain change, redirects and meta data changes.

The code makes reference to the site name which is shown as expected but it seems only Google is showing the old name in the page title as well.

So it looks like this: "Category Name and rest of meta data - CurrentDomain.com - OldDomain.com"

As it doesn't seem to be occurring in other search engines, I'm chalking this up to a Google specific issue which I hope will sort itself out eventually.

1 Like