One CBD Product for sale on store

Dilecta
2 0 0

I got the email about selling CBD on shopify. In all honesty I didn't know, should have done the research. 

Question is, I sell beard oils/balms and one cbd muscle rub. 

Is there any way I can sell the 1 cbd product without changing to EMB for everything? Like a manual payment or bank transfer for that one product?

Thanks 

Steve 

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
807 27 272

Hey, Steve (@Dilecta)!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

If you received an email regarding restrictions placed on your account due to a product on your store, you will need to reply directly to that email with any questions you have. That's because the team who wrote to you are the best people at Shopify for answering these types of questions, the rest of us don't have access to the same information, for security reasons and we don't have the ability to lift any restrictions that have been imposed.

If you were asked to remove the product, I would advise you to either reply to them to let them know you've permanently removed the product, OR let them know you've decided to use an alternative payments gateway for your store. If you click on your country here, you will find the list of possible gateways.

If you're in the US, this guide has information on selling CBD products on Shopify (including recommended gateways). When a store is selling CBD in any form, we can't allow them to use Shopify Payments as it would be a breach of our contract with Stripe. All gateways you set up on your store would be available for all products, there isn't a way to separate that. What you could do is sell that one product on a separate store if you think sales would be high enough to justify that.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Dilecta
2 0 0

Hi Aria,

Thanks for the reply. I've replied to email and done what was asked, but not ask them the question I've posted on here.

Was just looking for any solutions the community may have.

Thanks 

Steve 

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
807 27 272

For sure! 

0 Likes
kenzieam
5 0 0

I am sorry, however I have not seen the answer to your question actually. I mean, do you actually need to change the EMB for all the products you ar having or not?! A friend of mine is in a similar situation right now actually, and in case you could help us, it would be really nice. He received that kind of email, however the product he was notified about was not anything weed related, it was something like a red vein bali kratom product. He had no problem with it untill now, and he also want to know if he has to change the EMBs.

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
807 27 272

Hey, @kenzieam!

My answer is the same as above. Your friend will have received an email from our Business Operations team to explain the circumstances. If they have questions, they need to reply to that email directly because nobody else at Shopify has the same information that department has access to. 

I hope they get it sorted out. 

0 Likes