One-Off Product

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm looking to sell a product separately from everything else on my shopify site. I want customers to be able to buy this one product and not see any other products and/or collections that I currently have on my site. Essentially a customer would go to a specific URL, which would redirect to my shopify account but I don't want them to see everything else I have on there. Is there a way to put a 1 product on a separate page and wouldn't see the others.

Is this possible or would I have to have a separate Shopify account?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
32 2 6

Hi, @GuyGain!

Welcome to the community! I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

This sounds very intriguing! Are you only going to sell this product, or will you eventually look at selling all the other products too?

Opening another Shopify account is certainly one way to achieve this. This would be useful if you still want to sell your other products in the meantime, so having a separate store for them, or your new product could definitely work.

A more cost-effective way for you would be to simply hide all your other products from the store (and any other sales channels you're selling from). By hiding your products, they'll remain accessible in your admin, but hidden from your storefront and customers.

To hide your products, simply follow the instructions below:

1. Click Products > All Products
  2. Select all products you'd like to hide, using the checkboxes.
  3. Click "Actions"
  4. Click "Make products unavailable"
  5. Make sure all the sales channels are ticked, then click the purple "Make products unavailable" button.

When you're ready to sell the products again, simply follow the same steps, but choose "Make products available" instead.

One final option I can suggest is the use of an app to lock any products or collections on your website. This means, in order for your customers to see those products, they would need to enter a password. One app I would recommend is Locksmith, otherwise, our app store can also be found here if you'd like other suggestions.

Once you've only got the product you're selling published, make sure you give it the love it deserves! Feature it on your homepage, and write something engaging about the product. You'll want your customers to notice it to help you increase your sales.

You mentioned your customers will click a link that will direct them to your Shopify page which is awesome. Are you planning on gaining traffic through marketing at all as well? We have a great free course through our Shopify Academy which is all about marketing and making sure customers are coming to you. If you'd like to check it out, you can do so here.

Good luck with your store, and reach out if you need any other help.

Cheers!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
45 2 4

You may consider custom development if your not wanting to create a separate shop or want to still be able to sell the other products at the same time but hide them from the single product. Shopify Experts would be able to help you with this: https://experts.shopify.com/w3trends?ref=w3trends

0 Likes