One Website - 2 companies

4 0 0

I have a website selling cooking classes for 2 locations.  Each location is a different company.  The products are all named and tagged with the location.  I would like to automatically send the revenues to the appropriate location's bank.  Is there a way to have two settlement accounts depending on which product is sold?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
440 23 63

Hi, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team.

I can understand why it may be convenient to have a different bank account for each country, however, at the moment it can't be set up that way. If you're wanting to connect more than one bank account to the back end of your store then you'll want, or rather, you'll need to sign up for a secondary store. Currently, there is not a way to connect two bank accounts to one Shopify account.

Have you discussed it with your accountant? Have they thought of a solution that may work for you specifically?

I'm sorry I can't be the bearer of more exciting news.

Best,

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hello Dallas,

This answer is somewhat helpful.  If I add a secondary store, with the products related to that location, can I present both stores under 1 domain?  That way, both locations are represented on the website and the revenue will go to the appropriate location.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
105 6 20

Could you use a simpler approach? What if you just sent order data to a spreadsheet that tracks the sales for each company based on the tags? From there you could settle up with one payment to each company per month (or week). Just a thought. :)

If you want to go that route, Arigato can track the data for you in real-time via Google Sheets. Actually moving the money would need to be done outside of the app. Some ideas can be found here: https://apps.bonify.io/mr-arigato-task-automator-for-shopify 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
440 23 63

You can technically add the products with their different locations by using Settings > Locations in the Store Admin. It would be a bit different since it isn't in regards to inventory, but that should work for you. 

However, even with the locations, there isn't a way to split the money to either location. What John was saying would be the best option. Actually, Arigato is a great app for just that. I think, for what you're wanting, this would be the best fit! Can you try that and let us know how it works for you? 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes