Online Store not removing from Shopify dashboard

Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 3

Hi there, I am new to shopify and I have the lite plan. I added the online store sales channel accidentally and now I am unable to remove it, as seen in the image.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 01.46.18.png

I am not sure why this is as I am already on the lite plan the online store section just will not remove.

If anyone could help me know as to why it just will not remove out of my sales channels I would be grately appreciative.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

I have a similar problem. I want to disable the Online Store sales channel and only redirect to my website shop. For one, not to have to maintain two separate shop pages but also not to make in confusing for my customers.

I, however, do not even have the option to remove the Online Store sales channel. See the screenshot below. Any suggestions on this would be very much appreciated!

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 13.08.50.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

Seems like adding a custom domain is the solution for this. I am checking it out and keep you posted..

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

Just found this. Basically you cannot move a .myshopify.com domain and I guess therefore you cannot delete the sales channel. @shopify can you confirm this?

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 14.51.34.png

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/managing-domains#set-your-primary-domain

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

Just had a chat with support. You are on the right track. The Shopify lite account does not have a online store. That is probably why you can remove it. Maybe just log out and log in to fix it?

I had a basic account and was not using the online store. I could not remove it. With the help of support I found out that a downgrade to the lite version solved the issue. I however also experienced an error and was still seeing the "old" online store. After a refresh the problem was solved. 

Thank you Shopify support!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 3

Sorry for the late response!

This information is exactly what I needed! I am just a bit confused because I never upgraded to a different package, I only ever had the lite version.

So you suggest trying to remove it again, followed by a login and logout?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 3

I have just tried removing it again, loggin in and out and the issue of it still being there is still there.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 23.37.08.png

I have clicked remove online store, followed it through and it says the following:

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 23.40.28.png

And then it just takes me to the Plan and Permission page as shown:

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 23.42.32.png

And even with following that whole process through the online store part has still not been removed, any ideas?

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 4

Ok, seems like you are doing the right things:

1) You removed the Online Store

2) Started your new Shopify Lite plan

So, when you go to settings > Plan and permissions and scroll all the way down, does it say this:

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 00.55.36.png

If so, you have successfully removed your store and downgraded your plan to Lite. The Online Store might still be visible on the left side of you screen (My old store is also) but if you click on the "eye" icon it redirects you to a page that says that your website does not have a shop yet..  like so:

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 01.00.37.png

If all this is not the case, please just contact Shopify support (chat works well!). Something else must be causing this issue for which you'll need additional support!

Take care,

Bram

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 3

So I have followed the steps you have given me and I have started the Shopify Lite plan however I do not have that when I go settings > Plan and permissions from scrolling all the way down gives me this instead which indicates I haven't selected it even though I already have.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 00.14.37.png

Could you send me a link to how to get to the Shopify chat?

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

Seems like there is definitely something wrong (duh ;-)).

Maybe an open door question but why do you have the idea that your Online Store is still active?

Next to that, check on last thing: When you click on the "eye' icon next to Online Store on the left side of your window, like so:

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.33.33.png

Does it take you to this page?

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 01.00.37.png

If so, your store in inactive (which should be the case with your plan).

If not, contact support!

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat

0 Likes