Solved

Online store is password protected- the check box is disabled

yass1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi everyone , I am new to the Shopify world

I just started new Shopify store using the Shopify Partner, I found that the store is password protected, I look up for a solution online but in vain because the box to uncheck is disabled, " a screen image is clarifying the situation", any solution pleaseshopify.PNG

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (2)

BethK1977
Excursionist
16 2 6

This is an accepted solution.

You said you are new. Have you actually signed up for a Shopify plan yet or are you still in your free trial? I believe I had to choose my plan level before I could disable the password.

View solution in original post

Wahab_Ahmad
Shopify Partner
773 114 200

Hello @yass1,

Newly created development stores will be password protected and the password can no longer be disabled unless you choose a plan or transfer the store

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Chat on WhatsApp .
Feel free to contact me Email : wahabahmadghori@gmail.com |
Buy Me A Coffee

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

BethK1977
Excursionist
16 2 6

You said you are new. Have you actually signed up for a Shopify plan yet or are you still in your free trial? I believe I had to choose my plan level before I could disable the password.

Wahab_Ahmad
Shopify Partner
773 114 200

Hello @yass1,

Newly created development stores will be password protected and the password can no longer be disabled unless you choose a plan or transfer the store

Buy Me A Coffee
yass1
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply @Wahab_Ahmad,

I choose The Shopify partner because I thought that the plan will be free, any idea how much will cost to send my store live?

Wahab_Ahmad
Shopify Partner
773 114 200

@yass1,

https://www.shopify.com/pricing 

Buy Me A Coffee
manish22
Shopify Partner
32 0 1

Hi @Wahab_Ahmad ,

Before 17th august my developers were able to make new development stores and also they can disable password protection on them. This enable password checkbox was not disabled in the beginning of this month. Is this restriction was added after the new changes Shopify did on 17th august?