Online store session by location

Rasty
Excursionist
17 0 3

Hi guys,

I am a little bit confused. I am using my website in Slovakia (in Slovak language). I do not sell products abroad. When I check Analytics in Shopify the online store sessions by location is showing people from USA. Why do I have more people visiting my website from USA then from Slovakia? I need to focus on people in my country. What should I do? Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
820 73 140

Hi @Rasty 

Hope you're having a great day!

Any visitor from any country can access your website if it is not protected or restricted by IP address.

You should check out these Shopify IP restrict Apps.

Here is a screenshot of what I get when I go to some IP restricted sites.

https-www-skrill-com.png

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
If you would like to hire us as Shopify experts, please reach out via:
  • Email michal.morek@accomplishify.com
  • WhatsApp +48 507 613 425
0 Likes
Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
9 1 1

Hi, @Rasty!

Mac from Shopify here! Thanks for posting this question and sharing your analytics. I’m happy to help.

There are many variables that we need to consider when it comes to directing the right audience to your store. Do you currently have any ads running, or have you shared your URL anywhere? Rest assured, we can optimise our marketing techniques to cater to the desired target market. 

• My first suggestion is to improve your search engine optimization (SEO). Doing so will increase your store’s discoverability by using relevant keywords that your target customers will likely search for on Google. Here is a really helpful guide on how to get started with this. Also, check out this help document on how to submit your sitemap file to the Google Search Console to help Google find and index pages on your site.

• Another method that I recommend is to run social media advertisements through Facebook, Instagram, or Google. You can create highly targeted campaigns based on specific demographics and geographic conditions to ensure that you are advertising to the correct customers. For more information on this, along with a variety of marketing campaign ideas, check out our Shopify Blog here.  

• Finally, a highly effective technique to attract local customers to your store is through growing your social media presence. This will drive brand awareness, create more demand for your products and in turn, increase sales. This can be done by creating curated, relevant and local content as much as possible. Click here to learn more about creating a social media marketing strategy. If you are still unsure of what content to post, you can create a blog on your store talking about your business and products. You can then share the blog directly to your social media and increase your online presence. Learn more about adding a blog to your store.

Do you have any active campaigns or marketing initiatives? Are you looking to expand outside of Slovakia in the future? 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes