Only one automatic discount can be active at a time. Select another date.

Highlighted
1 0 5

When i try setting up multiple automatic discounts on my store, it tells me i can only have 1 at a time. My goal is to be able to have automatic discount teirs to entice customers to buy multiple of one product at a time.

How do i set more automatic discounts?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 57 141

Hi, Harlee

Elle here from Shopify. 

Currently, this is a known limitation with our Automatic discounts feature. Hopefully in the future this feature will be available. 

For now, you can create multiple automatitc discounts with the help of this app here.

Hope this is helpful! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
196 2 9

I see that you have the concern about discounts. You can take a look at discount master app. It can create discount campaigns. You choose all products, specific products or a specific collection to apply discounted price.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 6

Hi Elle,

Do we know why there is currently a limitation of 1 automatic discount, and/or when this will be lifted? It's a real nuissance for us at the moment, as we have just migrated from Magento where there were no limitations on this. Currently I'm having to invoice customers manually for products that we have provided automatic discounts for in the past, so it's really not ideal. I didn't realise this would be an issue when migrating to Shopify.

Thanks,

Jordan

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi Jordan,

Please try Selly, you can allow buyers to apply both its discount automation and discount code.

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
67 5 27

@Elle 

Is this something that Shopify will expand on soon/future?

I need API level automatic discounts.

The apps that are linked perform these discounts through script tags in the cart page, so I sadly cannot use them.

Highlighted
1 0 5

Update??? This is really a nuisance. 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 57 141

Hi, all

You can have only one active automatic discount at any given time. Here is our doc on automatic discounts for your reference. 

Happy to pass any feedback you have along to our developers for consideration.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
67 5 27

Hi Elle,

I'm sad to see this robotic response after so much silence on this.

Yes we know that only 1 automatic discount is allowed, which is why this thread was created to let Shopify know that this might be something to build on as more merchants run into this limitation.

We can't always depend on the App Store. We want granular API support on multiple automatic discounts. All discount apps on the store use the Cart page to add discounts.

If you have a custom storefront, you won't be able to use these apps.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 57 141

Hi, @tolgapaksoy 

I do apologize if my response seemed robotic. I can completely appreciate your need for this feature, and I've taken the feedback you've provided and directly let our developers know. 

I'll continue to advocate for you and others on this thread by continuously passing your feedback along. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback here.