Only one step left! To finish setting up your new web address, go to your domain settings,

DeeAnthony
Visitor
1 0 0

Only one step left!
To finish setting up your new web address, go to your domain settings, click "Connect existing domain", and enter

How do I fix this problem? I've already verified , and connected my domain to go daddy. I've did this several times. This message pops up every time I try to go and view my page.  

Replies 11 (11)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @DeeAnthony,

Hank here from Shopify.

Sounds like you are so close but there is just something that is stopping you from progressing. This could be your DNS settings, or it could be the propagation time associated with domains that may be delaying this step.

As you have not shared your domain, I am unable to check this on my end so I will just provide this guide here to ensure that you have the correct steps needed to complete this action. Sometimes with GoDaddy, the steps need to be manually done as the automatic feature may sometimes be delayed, but I will share the DNS settings below.

18-17-d2nbs-k4zeo

Let me know if the issue is still occurring, or if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ruthyhawkins
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Hank, please could you check my store as I'm having the same problem - the URL is bellabodies.co.uk. Thank you! Ruth

ruthyhawkins_0-1651552060734.png

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2327 454 397

Hey @ruthyhawkins@3asfor.

Thanks for reaching out and providing those screenshots.

In this case, if you have entered your domain within your Shopify store by navigating to Settings > Domains and selecting Connect existing domain and you are receiving this error message. It is most likely due to the DNS settings on the domain not being pointed towards your online store.

We can follow our helpful article that goes over the steps of Connecting your third-party domain manually.

You will need to manage the domain's DNS settings from your third-party domain provider and add the Shopify IP address 23.227.38.65. Once that is updated, you can then go ahead and add the www CNAME record shops.myshopify.com.

If you are experiencing any issues with making these changes, I would suggest Contacting your third-party domain provider for assistance, they should be able to provide you with additional support and insight to make these changes on your domain.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 

mohamudul
Tourist
8 0 0

Only one step left!
To finish setting up your new web address, go to your domain settings, click "Connect existing domain", and enter fashionloft.org.uk

How do I fix this problem? I've already verified , and connected my domain to go daddy. I've did this several times. This message pops up every time I try to go and view my page.  

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for reaching out about this, @mohamudul!

Is the domain already connected and showing within your admin (Online Store > Domains)? If not, then it is not properly connected yet.

Have the steps listed in this guide been taken, as they talk about how to connect your third-party domain. Note that there should only be one A Record with a value of 23.227.38.65, if more than one A record, this can cause issues with your domain.

Also, your CNAME record should have a value of shops.myshopify.com. 

Let me know how you get on!

JHollister
Visitor
2 0 0

I have a similar issue - but only when the user is directed to their cart. The website is working until the user navigates to their cart. www.tvättadeplanritningar.se - I'm also using the ap Uploadkit (user uploads image file to each order). perhaps that is causing the issue. Any help is apprecisted.

Screenshot 2020-12-31 065627.jpgScreenshot 2020-12-31 065719.jpgDNS Godady.jpg

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for reaching out about this, @JHollister.

I tried to visit your website using the link you posted (www.tvättadeplanritningar.se), and I was brought to the password page. I am unable to bypass this for now. 

05-33-5aer3-3jbeo

However, by your screenshots, there is another link that is within your domain that I am unable to get to, so I think the issue is located with this. Which is your primary domain?

I do not think the issue is with the upload kit, as the domain would be the main reason there is any issue navigating to a website. Can you confirm which is the correct URL, and I can try it again on my end?

Additionally, is the same issue happening when using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache?

Let me know!

JHollister
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for you help Hank - Simon (customer service) at Shopify was able to resolve the issue. In the end there was an issue with the coding. More then likely from me playing around with it. In the end they roll back the theme setting and everything was back on track. From Simon -

"If this happens again, here are two recommended troubleshooting steps to take:

Best regards.

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

That is awesome to hear you got this issue resolved, thank you for letting me know!

As Simon suggested, rolling back the theme is a huge saver, once the code has been edited. 

Awesome work again, let me know if you need anything else!

3asfor
Visitor
1 0 0

SmartSelect_٢٠٢١٠١٢٣-٠٩١٤٥٣_Samsung Internet.jpg

 ???

12thCreations
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

I am also having this issue. 12thcreations.co.uk 

Seems to only be affecting it when trying to access the website via a mobile phone.

Thanks in advance.

John