Only shipping to 5 countries

3 0 0

Currently on my store I'm only shipping to 5 countries (US-UK-AUS-NZ-CA) and I have a very low conversion rate, could this be a factor for low sales or not?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 55 117

Hey there, @Logan32 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

That is a really great question. Just out of curiosity, is there any reason that you are shipping exclusively to these countries? Are you dropshipping or fulfilling your orders by yourself? 

While this would not prevent conversions, it does narrow your target audience which isn't always a bad thing. If you take a look at the Analytics of your site you should be able to see what traffic you are getting - you should also see a breakdown by country. Are you getting visits from customers in countries that you do not ship to? Are you getting good traffic with low conversions? 

If you are targeting your ads specifically to those who live in the 5 countries that you are shipping to, this should not be experiencing a low conversion rate as a result of the limited countries shippable to. You may need to take another look at your store to see what might be dissuading customers from shopping with you. Feel free to share a link to your store with me so I can have a look too! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes