Oops Something Went Wrong

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello everyone,

I was notified by a customer that when he tries checking out, he receives the "Oops, something went wrong message".  I have other customers placing orders throughout the day, but this customer continues to get this issue upon checking out.  Looking to see if support can assist with this issue.  Thanks!

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

Hi, @BeardOctane.

My name is Tira, and I am here to help.

Thank you for letting us know what error message your customer is receiving when they try to checkout on your store. I took a look at your store using the email address that you have listed on your Community Profile. I went to your checkout to see if I was able to replicate this, and was unable to, so I would like to dig deeper into this together. 

Here are some questions to troubleshoot:

1) Where in the checkout does your customer see this message? Is it on the entire page, or is it in a specific area at checkout? The reason I ask, is because this message can appear if there are unsupported additional scripts added to checkout. You can learn more about them here: Customize checkout with additional scripts. These are typically used to show content, add a message to your order status page, or add conversion tracking to your checkout. Any customizations added through additional scripts would be outside our scope of support.

2) Are you able to get a screenshot of what your customer is experiencing?

3) Has the customer cleared their cache? Check out our guide on clearing browser cache, here: Supported browser - clearing cache.  

I look forward to hearing from you,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes