Open a shopify store

Tourist
18 0 0

hi Shopify Experts ,

Im in the process of opening my shopify stores , and my trial plan will be finish within 5 days then i will select one of the available monthly plans my questions are :

1) my store name in the login in is not the same as what i setup for the costomer front is that OK ? for example when i log in to my shopify store i use store ( AAAAA.MYSHOPIFY.COM) but the name of the store showing to the costumers and the Admin store is (BBBBB) is that fine or i have to change it ? as i tried to change the name in the log in to (BBBBB.MYSHOPIFY.COM) but didn't know how to do .

2) after my free plan finish i can still have the same store what i use in the free plan . as i upload many items and made many customization on it . so how can i save the efforts i did in during the 14 days free plan and transfer the same the official store?

3) my store is based on the US but currently im abroad (out of US ) and when i select to add  the store address  from system is by default adding my current location and not accepting to add US as store address is that ok  or i must setup the store from inside US ? is the store address information visible for costumers or its only visible  for shopify for the billing purposes ?

4) after the customer add to the cart an item and he is processing to buy , did the system will ask him for shipping address even tough he dint sign up in my store as i make the signup optional ?.

5) i choose a tax collecting in the US purchasing based on my location in Florida as psychical presence  so if the costumer from inside US  by an item of 10$ so in the cart how the price will be ? he will pay only 10 $ and i will pay the tax for the government in his behalf or the tax will calculated and add to the cart as 10$+tax ?

6) if a customers purchase an item and the stock was (0 )in the supplier site , so the purchase will be processed or will be rejected ? keep in consideration that im using oberlo , but im not sure if the stock inventory in the supplier site will be integrated with my store and stock availability updated on live or not .

7) if I select E Packet as standard shipping but some suppliers dint have epacket for certain countries what the case here will be ?

regards

rad

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
463 22 35

Hi @radd,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! I'll jump straight into answering your questions:

1) my store name in the login in is not the same as what i setup for the costomer front is that OK ? for example when i log in to my shopify store i use store ( AAAAA.MYSHOPIFY.COM) but the name of the store showing to the costumers and the Admin store is (BBBBB) is that fine or i have to change it ? as i tried to change the name in the log in to (BBBBB.MYSHOPIFY.COM) but didn't know how to do .

Yes, this is completely fine and it's actually something we would highly recommend doing, for a more professional look. It's not possible to change the .myshopify.com URL once it's been created, however, you are more than welcome to add a custom domain (BBB.COM) for a more professional look. Have you added a custom domain to your store yet? If not, you can buy a domain from Shopify as mentioned here or you can buy a domain from a third-party service and point it to your Shopify store as mentioned here

2) after my free plan finish i can still have the same store what i use in the free plan . as i upload many items and made many customization on it . so how can i save the efforts i did in during the 14 days free plan and transfer the same the official store?

When your 14-day free trial has ended, you will need to pick a plan to continue to use Shopify. Our price plans can be found here and you can also "pause" your account as mentioned in this guide for $14 per month instead of paying for a full plan. This will allow you to work behind the scenes and the only thing that can’t be used is that the payment gateway.

There's no need to transfer any data to a different account, however, if you would like to backup your data, you should be able to do so as mentioned in this guide

3) my store is based on the US but currently im abroad (out of US ) and when i select to add  the store address  from system is by default adding my current location and not accepting to add US as store address is that ok  or i must setup the store from inside US ? is the store address information visible for costumers or its only visible  for shopify for the billing purposes ?

You will need to select the country where you are currently located. If you are based outside of the U.S, please ensure that you are entering your current location (not the U.S address) for security reasons. You are still more than welcome to sell your products in USD and cater to a U.S audience. Your information will never be shared online or with your customers, instead, this is just for Shopify's records. It's against our Terms of Service to not list this information correctly and can result with a store cancellation.

4) after the customer add to the cart an item and he is processing to buy , did the system will ask him for shipping address even tough he dint sign up in my store as i make the signup optional ?.

You can enable a customer account option with your store and there are three options to choose from as shown in this screenshot. To select one of these options, you should be able to do so by selecting Settings > Checkout > Customer Accounts in your admin. I'd recommend reading this guide in full for more info. 

5) i choose a tax collecting in the US purchasing based on my location in Florida as psychical presence  so if the costumer from inside US  by an item of 10$ so in the cart how the price will be ? he will pay only 10 $ and i will pay the tax for the government in his behalf or the tax will calculated and add to the cart as 10$+tax ?

There shouldn't be a need to worry about this, as you are not based in the U.S right now, so your U.S customers won't be charged extra for tax. The normal process for a store that's set up in the U.S would be:

* If the store has no physical presence in the state of the shipping address, no tax is charged.
* If the store has a physical presence in the state of the shipping address, Shopify will auto-apply tax to the customer's cart. 
* More info can be found here.

6) if a customers purchase an item and the stock was (0 )in the supplier site , so the purchase will be processed or will be rejected ? keep in consideration that im using oberlo , but im not sure if the stock inventory in the supplier site will be integrated with my store and stock availability updated on live or not .

Yep, you can enable an auto-sync feature within Oberlo's settings. Take a look at this video for more info. Oberlo offers a Support Forum here too if you would like to contact them directly for more info. 

7) if I select E Packet as standard shipping but some suppliers dint have epacket for certain countries what the case here will be ?

I'd recommend finding another supplier, where possible, that offers ePacket or an alternative free shipping method. If you can't find a supplier that offers an ePacket service to a certain location; you should enter the next best shipping rate the supplier offers into your Shopify adminHere is a common list of dropshipping carriers you could look out for. I've listed some fantastic dropshipping tips below too which I'd recommend having a read through for sure:

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 0

@Ted  Hi Ted ,

thanks for prompt response .

as i mentioned above im resident in the US  with address ,SSN  and US bank with checking  account  and the store address will be in US  ,so in this case  i have  to charge my customers with tax and register my SSN for IRS  . but as said  currently im out of the country  for vacation , do you mean that i have to wait the store launch till back to US?  please advise for the proper way to move forward .

regards 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
463 22 35

Hi @radd,

Sure thing, thanks for the extra context. If you are able to provide the info you mentioned, just as proof that you are a U.S citizen and that you are on vacation; you are more than welcome to enter your normal U.S address when signing up for a store. I wouldn't be able to list exactly what our team would request to review, as this always varies depending on the situation.

If you are unable to submit proof of U.S citizenship within a certain timeframe, your account may be closed pending review as referenced in our Terms of Service. This would, in the end, affect your launch date so it is advisable that you take steps to mitigate this situation and submit the required information at your earliest convenience (if you decide to use your U.S address).

Other than this, you can still use your vacation address for now and then update this info when you're back in the U.S. Here's a list of gateways you can connect with, based on your location.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes