Open vs All orders

Trailblazer
650 0 69

And another 4 weeks....  Is this actively being worked on or has it kind of just been forgotten?

(Much faster than the last time I assure you)

I think we have missed 'much faster' and are simple into potentially faster.

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
0 Likes
Trailblazer
650 0 69

Any progress here?  You realize with the bug in place, your "next" and 'previous" nav buttons fail often because the system looses it's place and you have to navigate back to the main order screen.

Is this even being worked on?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Topics like this one make me think Shopify is going to become a verb soon.

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
733 0 50

There's progress but not in the way that I had originally expected. 

For context, the admin currently stores much of its state client-side. When the page refreshes, some of this state is lost. Hence what you're seeing with the loss of selected filter and the loss of prev/next. 

We had attempted to solve this by persisting some state across page refreshes but this was creating side effects that were breaking other parts of the admin, hence the rollback a couple months ago.

Since that time, we've decided to move to storing this state server-side but this is a larger effort. 

The unfortunate part of this is that it will be longer yet before this issue is solved. 

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
Trailblazer
650 0 69

@Jonathan - thanks for the update.

@Ryan.  "going to become one"  - Shopified again.  Sigh.  Been using it for months.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
650 0 69

@Jonathan,  Is this still to be fixed?  It's now been 4 months, and the original issue took 5 months.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
733 0 50

Yes, it's still being worked on. As mentioned, it's part of a larger effort which has been underway for some time now. We're nearing the end of that effort and have started rolling out these changes to store owners this week and will continue for the next few weeks. These changes are resulting in performance improvements in a number of places and is allowing us to address this usability concern, as well.

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
Trailblazer
650 0 69

So, this is now happening after every single order I archive.  This is crazy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
58 0 4

has this been fixed?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
733 0 50

Sort of. We had a bunch of discussion internally to decide on what to do. 

The question we asked was "what do people expect to see when they click to see the list of Orders?" Should it return to the last viewed page (including pagination)? What happens when new orders come in? Do people know they're not looking at all orders but maybe only a subset of orders?

For now, different behaviours occur depending on where you click: 

1. If you click on the sidebar items, it always returns to All.
  2. If you click into a sub-item (like an order) and then click on the section title in the header bar, it'll return you to the last page you were viewing. You can click Next/Previous item to go through a number of items. Clicking on the section title in the header bar should always return you to the section.

This is similar to how Gmail does it when you've done a search, where they present a big back button. We'd love your feedback on this and whether this meets your expectations.

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes