Opening Basic Shopify plan but suspend at the beginning

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I am trying a trial version of Shopify. I want to subscribe Basic Plan and suspend it immediately. Will I pay only reduced bill (9$) only?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
794 41 122

Hey, @good2see!

Can you walk me through the steps you took to select a plan? If you go to the admin and select Settings> Plan and Permissions, you can see which plan you are currently on! Could you post a link to your store so I can test to see if the store is live? 

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Ava ,

I haven't bought a plan yet. But My trial plan expires soon. Basic plan fits me for now. For preparing duration, I want it suspended and pay only 9$.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
794 41 122

Ah, I see! Apologies, I misunderstood, I thought your store was suspended after you selected a plan. I can see what you mean now!

If you're on the Basic plan at the moment but want to suspend your store, you could select either the Pause and Build plan or the Full Pause plan. The Pause and Build plan will keep your store inaccessible for customers so they can't view or shop, but you can still access the admin to work on your store. This will cost $9 USD per month. The Full Pause plan will totally suspend your store, meaning you have no access to the storefront or the admin in the back-end. The Full Pause plan is free for 3 months.

If you select the Full Pause plan, at the end of the 3 months you will need to decide what action to take:

• If you'd like to move ahead with the store you can select a plan to reopen.
  • If you wanted to close the store, you would need to select a plan to reopen the store and then close it.
  • If you take no action at all, your store will automatically be moved to the Pause and Build plan for $9 USD.

To move to the Pause and Build plan now before your trial ends, you can go to the admin and select Settings > Plan and Permissions. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can select Pause and Build here:

03-15-oj05a-ugc83

From what you've outlined in your post, the Pause and Build would suit you best. Once you've finished building your store, you can select the Basic plan again! To do this, you can go to Settings > Plan and Permissions > Compare Plans. Here, you can select the Basic plan again.

03-23-oeemo-mnzab

Let me know what you think! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes