Order Conversion Tracking in Custom Theme

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I have a client with a shop that has been operating for around 6 months with over a thousand orders. 

None of the orders have any order conversion tracking information (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/conversion-summary)

I am trying to discern what controls how this information is passed from a user session to the order so I can figure out how to ensure this information is collected. 

Notably - this is an entirely custom theme that leverages the Storefront API to add products to the checkout. 

There are also some apps installed. Happy to go into more detail on these if necessary. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
852 86 130

How about other analytics? Like product views, sessions, etc. All these events are recorded by Shopify's internal tracking library trekkie, do you see any of these firing in the browser console when navigating through the store?

It might well be the Shopify event tracking library is not present or misconfigured considering it's an entirely custom theme.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thanks for the reply - they do effectively track other variables in the analytics tab including sessions, online store conversion etc. 

The only thing that seems amiss is the tracking on each individual order. 

I am going to look into the trekkie library now

0 Likes