Order Number VS Checkout

jcbcp
1 0 1

Hello,

Can somebody tell me the difference between an Order number vs Checkout number? The order number is easy to understand but the checkout number, for me is, is found at the bottom of the order page under Timeline.

For context, the issue I am having is that Shopify is firing the checkout number instead of the order number sometimes so it is messing with Google Analytics and our internal BI tool and attributing the conversion to "Direct" rather than the actual channel. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi @jcbcp,

To me, it sounds like some bug in your internal BI tool that's messing up getting the order data from the API correctly.

You might find it more efficient to use a Shopify app that can provide you with better BI reporting capabilities, like AdScale

At its core, it's an advertising platform that uses your store data to run highly targeted ads, but it also contains a comprehensive BI dashboard that gives you many insights about your store.

Actually, you can get a full BI report on your store with more than 20 business insights, actionable recommendations, and customer & product segmentation, and it's free of charge!

If you want to check it, here's a link to the report: https://www.adscale.com/BI-report

0-10.1.2021-0-Wide-1440-135569255-1612865905.png

AdScale is the best way to advertise on Facebook & Google because we use the power of your store data (that they don’t have) to run highly targeted ads and get an average ROAS of 10X.
0 Likes