Order Stuck With One Unfulfilled Item

Michael_Quill
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

I have an order stuck on Partially Fulfilled. When I click into the order, I can see the unfulfilled item but I don't see the Fulfill button.  The item is in stock, available online and requires shipping.

Initally, there were two items pending fulfillment. When I clicked on the Fulfill button ( it was showing then ), the popup didn't have a quantity box for the item above. Once I fulfilled the second itenm, the Fulfill Button disappeared.

Any idea how to move this order along?

Benjamin_C
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 0 41

Hello Michael, Ben here - your Shopify Guru! 

That sounds a little odd, have you tried fulfilling the order using a bulk action.

Give that a shot let me know if that does the trick!

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :)

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes
Michael_Quill
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Hi Ben,

I tried your suggestion above but the item is still stuck as "Unfulfilled". Also tried using the Shopify iphone App.

Any order suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Anne_M
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 59

Hi Michael,

My name is Anne on the Guru team! Thanks for your reply, I believe I know what is going on!

• If you refund and restock a part of an order, it is no longer possible to fully fulfil the original order.
  • It will always show as Partially fulfilled, because some of the items of that order could not be sent to the customer, this is the now the fulfillment status of that order.

Your store is actually working correctly :)

I hope this helps and if you need anything else at all please let us know!

Warm regards,

Anne

0 Likes
Michael_Quill
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Thanks for the update Anne. I believe that's what happened.  I was taking  "Partially Fulfilled" to mean the order way still open. I needed to archive the order for everything to balance out and make the order disappear from the Open Orders tab.

0 Likes
Sean_Douglass
Tourist
7 0 8

Hi Anne,

I'm having this same issue. This is a really big problem and this isn't how it should be working. I just talked to a shopify representative about this issue. I cancelled the order before it was fulfilled. I can no longer fulfill the order. I archieved the order, but now if I want to see orders that haven't been fulfilled (which I frequently do), this ONE order will always exist in order screen because of how this system is "working as intended."

That's counter productive. I don't need to fulfill that order and it will always remain unfulfilled because the order no longer exists. I can delete the order, but then I don't have a record of the cancellation in my system.

If anything, shopify needs to allow you to manually trigger the "fulfilled" flag if the order is cancelled. The fact that it's been removed completely makes no sense.

Anne_M
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 59

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us on the forums! I completely appreciate your frustration at not being able to mark your orders the way you wish to.

Fulfilment status is there to show if an order has been shipped to your customer and with a cancelled refunded order that can't be shipped, your admin keeps a record of that order as unfulfilled for your store.

Regardless of that, I can understand why you want to change the status. I want to put in a feature request to our developers with the aim that you'll be able to mark the orders the way that suits your business in the future. Do you think you'd prefer to see the status as cancelled or completed or something else in place of fulfilment status? Please let me know.

Thanks again,

Anne 

0 Likes
Corbin_Sharer1
Tourist
4 0 2

Yeah, bumping this, because there are years worth of orders like this in our account.

PLEASE SHOPIFY, DO THE RIGHT THING.

Sean_Douglass
Tourist
7 0 8

Anne,

Cancelled, or if there's a return/wasn't sent Restocked might also work. Either way, anything other than "unfulfilled" is preferrable. Honestly, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you have dozens or more outstanding orders and you want to see which ones are "unfulfilled" this immediately becomes a big deal. It literally renders the "unfulfilled" status flag pointless the second that you have one cancelled unfulfilled order.

Anne_M
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 59

Hi Corbin and Sean,

Thanks so much for the feedback, I can 100% see the use case for this myself and think it makes so much sense! I have created a feature request for this now, and provided this forum post as reference.

If you want to you are also welcome to reach out to our features team directly here to push this even more- https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/feature-requests-here-52781

Thanks again, and happy holidays to you both!

Warm regards,

Anne

0 Likes