Order Summary Product Thumbnail

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi, 

Is there a way to load the product image and name on the order summary page without clicking on the order? We make most of our items to order and would like to be able to scroll and see each order image/name so we can easily create our production list. I can't believe Shopify doesn't have this feature? We were on Squarespace for years and found that feature essential. Am I missing something? Is there a work around?  Photo of the order page is below. Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 3.11.54 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 28 56

Hi, @valentichgoods!

Sophia here from Shopify.

The Orders overview page doesn’t currently offer product thumbnails, but I can absolutely submit a feature request to the appropriate teams here in case it’s something we can include going forward. Ideally, would you want the thumbnails of the products in each order to appear beside the order number, or would it be something that appears when you hover over an order number? Do you have any orders that contain more than one product?

In the meantime, there are some other ways that you can sort orders to create your production lists. For example, you can use order tags or just search the product title on the Orders page to export a specific list for production. Using Shopify’s free Order Printer app would allow you to include product thumbnails if you want to print orders and sort them away from the computer.

Are there any other order management features you’re looking for other than the thumbnails of products ordered? If so, one of the order management apps in the Shopify App Store might be useful as well.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

This feature needs to be added. It is a standard feature of practically ALL other major sales platforms and ecommerce webhosts. It's also not a difficult feature to implement.

Another common feature that would be extremely helpful would be an order note section that is visible on that summary page or the ability to tag orders with a status other than Draft and Shipped.

Overall the functionality of the ordering system on Shopify is years behind most others in terms of basic functionality. On Shopify we basically have a list of order numbers with nothing to indicate what the order contains, which vendor it's from, status (for dropship and POD orders), etc. This makes processing orders take much longer and leads to errors. 

Users should not have to look to 3rd party apps and external services for basic ecommerce functionality. This has been a longterm problem with Shopify which has been repeatedly pointed out by users. Necessary improvements are long overdue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 28 56

@kelly12 wrote:

This feature needs to be added. It is a standard feature of practically ALL other major sales platforms and ecommerce webhosts. It's also not a difficult feature to implement.

Another common feature that would be extremely helpful would be an order note section that is visible on that summary page or the ability to tag orders with a status other than Draft and Shipped.

Overall the functionality of the ordering system on Shopify is years behind most others in terms of basic functionality. On Shopify we basically have a list of order numbers with nothing to indicate what the order contains, which vendor it's from, status (for dropship and POD orders), etc. This makes processing orders take much longer and leads to errors. 

Users should not have to look to 3rd party apps and external services for basic ecommerce functionality. This has been a longterm problem with Shopify which has been repeatedly pointed out by users. Necessary improvements are long overdue.

Hi, @kelly12.

I'm happy to let you know that the Orders list has been updated since my last response in this thread was posted, and thumbnails of the products included in each order can now be viewed from that page. If you click on the number of items in an order, you'll see a thumbnail image for each item included. Here's an example from my test store of what the new Orders list page looks like: 

22-06-26hdq-jr7no
At this time, the Fulfillment status cannot be customized, but you can tag orders and filter the Orders list page based on those tags. You can also use the search bar to filter your orders with a custom term. Feedback like this is incredibly valuable as it is what prompts changes like this to come about, so I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns here. If there's any additional information you'd like to share in light of these changes, please let me know and I'd be happy to submit feedback to my team on your behalf.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes