Order Tags -- How to Delete

Frances_Krug
1 0 0

We use order tags to identify an order that meets certain criteria, such as an order that is eligible for a specific rebate, or an order that is waiting for a delivery of new stock, etc.

Is there any quick way to delete an order tag once you no longer need it? For example, if an order is waiting for new stock expected in March 2015, I might create a tag called Preorder-March-2015. Once March 2015 has passed, how would I delete that tag altogether?

This is just a matter of cutting the clutter on the order page. It's not necessary for the tag order function to work -- but if there is an easy way to do this, I'd appreciate knowing how.

Thanks.

0 Likes
JesseF8
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
148 0 7

Hey Frances,

Jesse from the Shopify Guru Team here.

You should be able to use the bulk actions menu to delete tags in bulk.

To make things even simpler, you could use the filter system to narrow things down before using the bulk action menu to remove tags.

Feel free to reach out at any time if you have any other questions.

http://docs.shopify.com/support

0 Likes
Colin_McTavish
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi, 

I am trying to delete the order tags using the manual way and the way Jesse Fillmore mentioned. However, when I go back to the order, the tag is still there.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
JesseF8
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
148 0 7

Hey Colin!

Which tag were you trying to remove from which order?

I'd like to jump in and take a look if you didnt mind.

0 Likes
Mandy_Nagel
4 0 0

I'm trying to delete a tag from the auto-generated options, not take it off of the orders it was previously applied to. The tag in question will no longer be used. The solve in this thread simply removes the tag from the orders themselves, not from the account. I'm trying to declutter as well, how do I take a tag out of the system completely? Thanks!

0 Likes
S__Miller
7 0 0

Mandy - did you ever figure this one out? Trying to do the same - we just settled on a new way of tagging orders for workflow purposes, and would like to prevent team members from selecting 'previously used tags' that are outdated/should not be used.

0 Likes
Mandy_Nagel
4 0 0

Nope, we never did figure this one out or receive a response from anyone at Shopify. It's a shame because this has been the case with every question we've posted to the forums in the past year :-/

0 Likes
LuAnn_Caprio
Tourist
3 0 0

I had a similar issue, and had to find the original order in which I entered "tag" text to solve the issue. I then delete that tag.  It will disappear from the rest of your orders provided you have not added it to any other order.

I accidentally entered text in the "tag" box when I meant to put the text in the "note" box on a specific order.  That tag text then appeared as an auto generated tag options on every order, thereafter. I went back to the order in which I had originally entered the text in the wrong box and deleted it.  The tag then was deleted permenantly.

Hope that is clear :)

0 Likes
Mandy_Nagel
4 0 0

Thank you so much LuAnn, that was an easy fix!

0 Likes
MsFrassy
Tourist
4 0 1

1. Filter the orders with the tag you want to delete

2.  Click "Select 50+ Orders" if necessary

3. Click "More Actions"

4. Choose "Remove Tags"

5. Click on the tag you filtered to delete it from the system permanently

Only tags that are being used on orders will show up in the tag list

0 Likes