Order Tags

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Is there a way to set tags on orders similar to setting a tag on a customer with an input like <input name="customer[tags][school]?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Did you get this figured out? I am trying to accomplish this as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
25 0 1

I was able to get Kevin's soltuion to work for "NOT TAGGED" by typing directly into the search box with the magnifying glass... using this technique:

Add tag that you want to filter by using the drop-down as normal. Then type directly into the search box and and add a minus sign in front of any NOT tag. Separate multiple NOTs with a space, but keep the minus sign in front of each.

On my order screen, I can then filter orders to see just those that are tagged WITH "fulfillment_museum_store", and additionally, I can now include those orders that are NOT tagged as "process_museum_store".

I can then see all "museum store" orders that have NOT been tagged as "in process".

Once you get your results, you then save this search using the "Save" button as normal.

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
25 0 1

Here is a better image showing the combination of the drop-down filters, with the manually typed NOT filter(s)...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 2

@Jonathan_Snook1 wrote:

Order Tags can be used for categorizing orders in any ways that you wish. They're not seen by customers nor are they available in email templates. 

The post is old, so I am wondering if order tags are now available in the email templates?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 2

Hi @Jonathan_Snook1 

Through a series of tests, I came to the conclusion that the tags are available in email templates.

Here is how I was able to have them listed comma separated:

{% if order.tags.size > 0 %}{% assign tag = order.tags | join: ', ' %}{% endif %}

Hope that helps other people.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there, 

I'm trying to save searches using multiple tags, is this possible? We have Order Tagger installed, and it is tagging orders with their ship method. I'd like to save one search for orders tagged with "Free Shipping!" OR "Flat Rate Shipping" and save a search for "UPS Next Day Air®" OR "UPS® Ground" OR "Rush Order" and the rest of our premium shipping services. The idea being that when a customer pays for a premium shipping service we can prioritize fulfilling that order as well.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Would really love the option of filtering out orders that have no tag at all as previously requested by others many times. It would help me greatly to organize my orders as I am basically using tags + saved searches to simulate folders that orders can go into. Being able to have a search result for untagged items would reveal those needing attention still. Currently there is no way for me to see items that are in none of those 'folders'.

0 Likes