Order Tags

Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
730 0 50

Hi Everybody,

Last week, we released a new feature: Order Tags. Order tags are a great way to categorize and find orders.

For example, if you have a stage between capturing payment and fulfilling an order where you need to indicate that items are packed and ready to go, you can tag orders with a "Packed" tag. Then filter orders in the Orders list view for all open orders with the "Packed" tag. You can even save the search for easy access. Once the packed orders are fulfilled, go back and mark those orders as fulfilled.

Order Tags can be used for categorizing orders in any ways that you wish. They're not seen by customers nor are they available in email templates. 

Order Tags are not yet available via the API but will be at some point in the new year.

I work for Shopify.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
351 0 38

Great Jonathan.  Just checking it out - can we add some capability for orders that do NOT have tags?  This way I can run a search for all the orders that I have NOT yet tagged (workflowed...)

6 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
730 0 50

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll keep it under consideration for future development.

I work for Shopify.
1 Like
Highlighted
Pathfinder
111 0 59

A giant +1 for adding "NOT Tagged with"!
(or actually +12 because all in our company thinks it would be great)

We would use it for making a list of all orders that needs to printed and shipped today. We could tag orders waiting for items with "Waiting" and then we could do:
-Status is open
-Not tagged with waiting

Today we spend time going through all open orders manually to see which are waiting for items that were not in stock.

/Kim
Morfars.dk

7 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Would really appreciate an ETA on the API access for tags. Thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
730 0 50

Sandy Scott: I can't provide a specific ETA but it will be coming. 

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 5

YES +1 for NOT TAGGED WITH!!!

5 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 4

Or is there a way to display tags as a column on the order overview page in admin?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
83 0 23

It appears if you enter -[tagname] in the search you can filter results based on only orders that don't contain a tag. It doesn't use the actual tag filter system, but it does seem to work and can be saved.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
83 0 23

Is there any way to load orders containing a tag via the API? It would appear not at this time.

0 Likes