Order confirmation bounced, help please!

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hello,

I just went online with my website (www.coverup.nu) and made an order to test it out, and everything worked fine but the order confirmation mail bounced. This is the message I got:

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the mail system at host smtp.shopify.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<aaron.janssens@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[172.217.197.27]
    said: 550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from coverup.nu is not accepted due
    to domain's 550-5.7.26 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of
    coverup.nu domain 550-5.7.26 if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
    550-5.7.26  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about
    the 550 5.7.26 DMARC initiative. e2si121237qvy.37 - gsmtp (in reply to end
    of DATA command)

Help please!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 4

Please anybody, I'm expecting orders and it's important that people get their confirmation order :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
Admin > Settings > Customer Notifications > Order Confirmation

I'm not exactly sure but there's an html there for the template which you can edit. I can't say I'm certain you can solve it there, but still worth a try.

Also, you're website is really attractive, may I ask what theme was used to build it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 30 97

This is an accepted solution.

Hi!

Have you recently changed the email address that is set as the customer email in ‘Settings > General’?

This email address needs to be a valid email address with hosting that supports sending out emails. Additionally, email addresses from hosts such as Yahoo or AOL use the DKIM specification which is not supported by Shopify. Addresses with Gmail or Hotmail are supported.

It sounds like you need to add Shopify's SPF Record to your domain to let your email host know the emails from Shopify are not spam.

To verify your customer email address, you need to add Shopify's SPF record — v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all — to the TXT record in your custom domain settings.

1. Log in to your domain hosting account.
2. Find your domain's TXT record. This usually appears beside the CNAME record and MX record.
3. Add Shopify's SPF record — v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all — to your domain's TXT record.
4. Save your changes.

These changes can take 48 hours to take effect, could you try that and let me know how you get on?

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hey, I already figured it out but thanks! I'm using the Debut theme.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hi @Ava, thank you very much for replying. I already figured it out a couple of days ago, and that was exactly it. I (and someone else, too) do still have another problem with translating my packing slip though, and would be most grateful if you could help me out with that. I started a thread about this last week: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Where-can-I-translate-the-packing-slip/m-p/722188...

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Ava,

Thanks for sharing and your support. Referring to your solution, did you mean like this? I've added an ADDITIONAL TXT line with the Shopify code as suggested. I didn't know what to include for HOST name, so copied the above fields and used '@'. Let me know if this has any effect and your suggestions here also :) See image below...

Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 22.41.41.png

0 Likes