Order confirmation not being sent to customer

Highlighted
2 0 0

I made a manual order for myself. I used a different email address than the one I use for the shop. I did not receive the order confirmation email as a customer. I did receive the order notification as the shop owner. I resent the email and it still did not arrive. I checked spam as well. Please advise.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I think the first action you should take, is to cancel the order is possible. Then, at the same time contact your credit card company, and ask for an intervention, before it is too late. 

You clearly have not searched Shopify's business model and some of the criticism it has received. 

The cost of establishing an online store became relatively cheap thanks to the Shopify. However, it also allowed a bunch of scammers to take advantage of that. They can set up a store without any actual inventory. In my case, I ordered a three identical items from a well known brand, I received two of them and still waiting on the third one. By the way, I received order confirmation and shipping confirmation. As I try to contact the store, I found that the store has disappeared. The original domain name is expired (baseusmall.com) and they switched to a different domain (baseusmall.shop). And they are not responding to my inquires. The items I bought are relatively cheaper, and I wasn't really after the money. But, to be honest, I was shocked. This is 2020, not 2000. 

Shopify is not responsible for anything. I think that is legally OK. So far, a platform business is not liable for the mess/scam that is created by the sellers. But recently we had this ruling. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-liability/amazon-can-be-held-liable-for-third-party-se...

Anyway, you may try to contact the Shopify via here https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/customer-support?buyer=routing . At the bottom there is an option for customers. A "guru" who "knows" every feeling of yours and "understand" every pain of yours will basically reply you to tell you to 1) contact the credit card company, 2) Shopify is not liable for this, and 3) without saying sorry. 

Sorry that there is attitude in this reply, but you can understand where is this coming from. You are on your own. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Dude, chill. This was an order from my own store and one email didn't go through. I'm asking about the email. Nothing to do with credit cards, etc. Scammers are everywhere and you need to do your own due diligence. Don't just reply to any random question because you're bitter.

Can anyone else answer my actual question? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

What a shame! Lol... 

I thought you bought something and did not receive anything from the seller. Lol... I was imagining an naive buyer, lol... 

0 Likes