Order editing is now available!!

Community Manager
Community Manager
238 8 238

It’s not uncommon for buyers to change their mind after placing an order. Whether they want to change a size or color, or simply correct a mistake, there is an expectation from the buyer that changes can be made after an order is placed. As a merchant, you want to be able to provide the best customer service by accommodating those changes. That is why Shopify has introduced Order editing.

You can now make changes to what is sold on an order without any clunky workarounds, like canceling an order and creating a new one.

 

To edit an order, simply click the Edit order button at the top of the Orders page. From here, you can add or remove items (including custom items) or adjust the quantity of items. You can also send update notifications to your buyers and include a checkout link to collect additional payment on orders that increase in value.

 

Please note that this feature is not yet available for Plus merchants. We are in the process of adding more functionality required by our Plus merchants (e.g. custom checkout, scripts, and tax integrations). Plus merchants will be notified as soon as order editing is available to them, please contact your MSM if you have any questions.

 

To learn more about Order editing, visit the Shopify Help Center.

If you have any feedback about leave a comment below. If you need some assistance however create a new topic instead providing as much detail as possible, referencing this topic so the community can assist!

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

8 Likes
New Member
5 0 0

Please also allow changing the sort order of products in an order.
Why this is important?
For longer orders, customers like to see related products (different colors of same design, same collection etc) listed together in their order summary. 
This is specially important for stores selling wholesale, where the product list gets long. 

 

Thanks

HolyWeaves

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
133 0 20
Is this Order Editing available via API (for apps)?
2 Likes
Shopify Partner
1663 50 174

@TyW the docs mention previewing the edited-order-notification but there is no preview button.

Docs mention editing the edit notification but later in the docs it says you cannot edit the notification.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
3 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
238 8 238

@Derek_Morin wrote:
Is this Order Editing available via API (for apps)?

Hi @Derek_Morin , let me know if this helps > Order Editing: What This Means for Shopify App Developers

 

Thanks!

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
238 8 238

@PaulNewton wrote:

@TyW the docs mention previewing the edited-order-notification but there is no preview button.

Docs mention editing the edit notification but later in the docs it says you cannot edit the notification.


Thanks @PaulNewton! I've shared this with our documentation resource so they can review and update! 

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
238 8 238

@Umang_Agrawal wrote:

Please also allow changing the sort order of products in an order.
Why this is important?
For longer orders, customers like to see related products (different colors of same design, same collection etc) listed together in their order summary. 
This is specially important for stores selling wholesale, where the product list gets long. 

 

Thanks

HolyWeaves


Thanks for this feedback @Umang_Agrawal! It's been shared with the team 

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
238 8 238

@TyW wrote:

@PaulNewton wrote:

@TyW the docs mention previewing the edited-order-notification but there is no preview button.

Docs mention editing the edit notification but later in the docs it says you cannot edit the notification.


Thanks @PaulNewton! I've shared this with our documentation resource so they can review and update! 


The documentation has been updated, thanks again for flagging this @PaulNewton!  

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

is there a chance to add in a discount code for customers who asked if we could add one in afterward? If we can edit the order, is there a chance we could just add in the discount code so we can continue to properly track it. 

1 Like
New Member
1 0 0

Adding discount after the order has been received/archived is a common customer request -- especially around the holidays. If this is not yet available, would you please recommend a trusted app to use until this feature is released?

0 Likes