Order editing is now available!!

Highlighted
1 0 0

We are a Shopify Plus store and we really need this feature to work. 

We tried an Order Editing app and it would not allow us to edit an order until the payment was captured. We don't capture payments until we ship the item.

This feature needs to be available as soon as possible because we can't push a $12,000 order through to our ERP system.

I would appreciate any action taken to make this feature available seeing as we will be losing a tremendous amount of money for every day that it is unavailable.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

This is great! It would be amazing to have the ability to edit shipping costs though! Very often we want to update an order to include more of a shipping cost, and this seems like a pretty basic feature. Just a thought!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 11

I agree with , editing shipping costs is a must. Is that something that will be coming in the near future, ?

Somewhat related, it would be great if we could get line #s on the order page (and transfer page!), along with the ability to change the sort order. Bonus points if we could set a preferred auto-sort which would rearrange the items when an order is placed. Some of our customers purchase a lot of different items at the same time, and it would be very helpful for order fulfillment if the items were listed in some kind of logical order instead of just however the customer added them to the cart. Alphabetical, SKU, vendor...anything is better than how it is now.

5 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Piling on the shipping costs train.  Sometimes our regular customers choose a different shipping method than usual, then contact me to ask to change it back.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks for the change, 
This will definitely be useful, 
I just tried messing with the order, is there a way to change the amounts paid or even adjust the applied discounts?
Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

It would be very helpful if you could adjust the price of each item. A discount code would also be great. There is just often the situation where you have to make price adjustments!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there a way to tell the difference between edited orders and original orders via the Shopify API? What about between real orders and edited orders via 3rd party apps like https://apps.shopify.com/order-editor - a way to tell the difference here?

0 Likes
1 0 1

Good feature thank you @TyW . However if an order is edited, it does not seem to show on the order export csv. We have just edited an order (added 3 new products and removed 3 products), and the customer has paid the difference. On exporting the order csv, the new products had been added to the order but the removed products had not removed and still showed with a quantity of one for each.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

1 more request to be able to edit shipping costs in order.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 3

It's great that this is now part of Shopify, but I have tried to edit some orders that already had a discount on them so I could not use it.  Please make this feature more robust so the same discount can be applied to an item so that there is no change in price.  Thanks!

0 Likes